Hugh Jackman ordered to have 6,000 calorie diet for new movieFebruary 4th, 2011 - 8:55 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Feb 4 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Daily Mail has reported that “Wolverine” star, Hugh Jackman, is eating himself up for his next role in the movie.
The film’s director, Darren Aronofsky, has reportedly ordered the star to eat up 6,000 calories a day. Aronofsky wants Jackman to look bigger than how he looked in the last Wolverine movie.
In an interview with the Daily Mail, Jackman said Aronofsky wanted him to gain more weight because according to the director, a Wolverine should look shorter and more bigger than Jackman did in “X-Men Origins: Wolverine” two years ago.
Daily Mail quoted Jackman saying, “Darren said with the last one, ‘Hey you looked great, but you’re so tall that in those long shots you looked kind of like Clint Eastwood, and that’s not Wolverine’. He said that Wolverine, in the comics, is powerful, stocky…he’s short and thick. So he said, ‘I want you to go there, get bigger’.”
Jackman revealed he currently weighs 210 pounds. Jackman also joked to LA Times that if he has a heart attack, people should know why that happened.
The production of the next Wolverine movie has begun and Jackman promises that it will be the best of the franchise yet. The movie is set for release in 2012.
- Hugh Jackman 'eating 6,000 calories a day' for new 'Wolverine' film - Feb 04, 2011
- Hugh Jackman Is Undergoing A Diet Worth 6000 Calories For The Upcoming Chapter Of His Movie, 'Wolverine' - Feb 04, 2011
- 'Wolverine' Jackman eating 6,000 calories a day - Feb 04, 2011
- Hugh Jackman Goes On 6,000 Calorie Diet Each Day For Wolverine Role - Feb 04, 2011
- Huge Jackman's X-Men spin-off titled 'The Wolverine' - Nov 15, 2010
- Hugh Jackman not giving up on his second 'Wolverine' movie - Mar 31, 2011
- 'Wolverine', 'Avatar' sequels 'put on hold' after Japan disaster - Mar 23, 2011
- Hugh Jackman Wanted Darren Aronofsky To Direct X-Men 3! - Dec 08, 2010
- Hugh Jackman reveals workout regime for 'X-Men Origins' - Apr 09, 2009
- David Fincher named best working director - May 03, 2011
- Hugh Jackman pulls out of girlie role to bulk up for Wolverine - Aug 18, 2010
- Jackman all praises for new 'Wolverine' film - Oct 08, 2011
- Brawn mania: Feast of superhero outings this summer - Jan 25, 2011
- Clint Eastwood to continue directing at 100 - Oct 25, 2010
- Cruise in 'A Star Is Born'? - Mar 13, 2012
Tags: calorie diet, calories, clint eastwood, comics, daily mail, darren aronofsky, director darren aronofsky, franchise, heart attack, hugh jackman, la times, long shots, origins, wolverine, wolverine movie, x men