Hugh Jackman named the best hat wearerJune 2nd, 2009 - 1:18 pm ICT by IANS
New York, June 2 (IANS) Hugh Jackman has won this year’s Male Celebrity Hat Wearers competition, beating Sean Connery, Daniel Day Lewis, Jonny Depp, and Peter Andre.
The list is produced by promotional consortium Luton First.
“Hugh Jackman’s outback hat worn in the film ‘Australia’ not only achieved instant fame on the big screen but also popularised the look for men’s casual wear generally,” said Philip Wright, of Luton milliners Walter Wright.
“Jackman has also been seen sporting some stylish trilby and pork pie hats off screen,” he added.
In the female celebrities category, Carla Bruni was named best hat wearer.
- Australian heart-throb Hugh Jackman named the 'best hat wearer' - Jun 01, 2009
- Hugh Jackman, Carla Bruni named best celebrity hat wearers - Jun 01, 2009
- Carla Bruni, Hugh Jackman top Celebrity Hat Wearers list - Jun 01, 2009
- Queens granddaughter Zara Philips tops Celebrity Hat Wearers list - Jun 02, 2008
- Royal family accused of cruelty for wearing real fur - Dec 28, 2010
- Depp voted 'hat' person of the year - Mar 17, 2011
- Orlando Bloom named most stylish dad - Jun 15, 2011
- Nicole Kidman's 3-bedroom luxury NY home up for rent - Nov 19, 2010
- Jackman voted sexiest sci-fi star - Sep 02, 2011
- Carla Bruni's role in Woody Allen's new film cut to just one scene - May 17, 2010
- Winslet stunned by response to charity project - May 11, 2012
- Queen under fire for wearing fur hat - Dec 27, 2010
- Jackman was first choice to play Jack Sparrow - Dec 06, 2010
- Depp's Jack Sparrow was originally written for Hugh Jackman - Dec 02, 2010
- Sizzling Actor Ryan Reynolds Selected As The Sexiest Man Alive - Nov 18, 2010
Tags: carla bruni, casual wear, consortium, daniel day lewis, fame, female celebrities, film australia, hugh jackman, jonny depp, male celebrity, milliners, outback hat, philip wright, pork pie hats, sean connery, trilby