Hugh Jackman, Carla Bruni named best celebrity hat wearersJune 1st, 2009 - 11:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 1 (IANS) Australian actor Hugh Jackman and supermodel, singer and French First Lady Carla Bruni have been named the winners of this year’s Celebrity Hat Wearers.
While, in the men’s category, the “X-Men Origins: Wolverine” star has beaten the likes of Sir Sean Connery, Daniel Day Lewis, Jonny Depp, and Peter Andre to win the title, Bruni beat the British queen, the countess of Wessex, Madonna and Victoria Beckham in that order respectively.
The chart list was produced by Londons’ promotional consortium Luton First, a famous millinery and hat-making industry.
“Hugh Jackman’s outback hat, worn in the film ‘Australia’, not only achieved instant fame on the big screen but also popularised the look for men’s casual wear generally,” Philip Wright of Walter Wright millinery designers, Luton told IANS over e-mail from London.
“Jackman has also been seen sporting some stylish trilby and pork pie hats off screen with poise that make him achieve the top spot on the list,” he added.
Philip said that celebrities are also setting international trends by wearing many “statement” hats of late.
- Australian heart-throb Hugh Jackman named the 'best hat wearer' - Jun 01, 2009
- Hugh Jackman named the best hat wearer - Jun 02, 2009
- Carla Bruni, Hugh Jackman top Celebrity Hat Wearers list - Jun 01, 2009
- Hugh Jackman Is Undergoing A Diet Worth 6000 Calories For The Upcoming Chapter Of His Movie, 'Wolverine' - Feb 04, 2011
- Hugh Jackman ordered to have 6,000 calorie diet for new movie - Feb 04, 2011
- Jackman voted sexiest sci-fi star - Sep 02, 2011
- 'X-Men' packs a punch in opening week, earns Rs.14.5 crore - Jun 16, 2011
- Queens granddaughter Zara Philips tops Celebrity Hat Wearers list - Jun 02, 2008
- 'The Wolverine' to go on floors in October: Jackman - Jul 01, 2011
- 'The Wolverine' to go on floors next year - Aug 27, 2011
- Jackman was first choice to play Jack Sparrow - Dec 06, 2010
- Jackman's son wishes dad wasn't famous - Jun 16, 2012
- Jackman all praises for new 'Wolverine' film - Oct 08, 2011
- Huge Jackman's X-Men spin-off titled 'The Wolverine' - Nov 15, 2010
- Hugh Jackman 'eating 6,000 calories a day' for new 'Wolverine' film - Feb 04, 2011
Tags: actor hugh jackman, australian actor, british queen, carla bruni, countess of wessex, daniel day lewis, e mail, film australia, hugh jackman, international trends, jonny depp, lady carla, millinery designers, outback hat, philip wright, pork pie hats, sean connery, sir sean connery, supermodel singer, victoria beckham