Hugh Grant faces midlife crisisFebruary 19th, 2012 - 2:43 pm ICT by IANS
London, Feb 19 (IANS) Hugh Grant enjoys being on ’sexiest film star’ lists, but is “embarrassed” by his obsession with cars and thinks it stems from his midlife crisis.
“I have a new obsession with cars. It’s almost too embarrassing to talk about. Motor racing. I go on motor racing trips. I get taught how to drive and now go to bed and read my iPad all about how crankshafts work or disc brakes. It’s weird. I don’t know where it’s come from. It’s a midlife crisis. That’s exactly what’s happening to me,” contactmusic.com quoted him as saying.
The 51-year-old actor became a father for the first time last September when actress Tinglan Hong gave birth to his daughter Jessica.
Grant, who has previously dated Elizabeth Hurley and Jemima Khan, admitted he is only just beginning to understand women.
“I think (women being inexplicable) is the fascination, isn’t it? I’ve got a bit better at it I think, but I’m a late developer. I’m 51 and just beginning to see some of the stuff that’s going on that we, as men, are generally moronic about,” he told Total Film magazine.
The actor enjoys appearing on ’sexiest film star’ lists, but insists they are not his only targets.
He said: “All of those (lists) are pluses. I can’t pretend I don’t have an ego, and any man would like a bit of that. But it’s not my raison d’etre.”
- Paul Weller's mid-life crisis - Apr 02, 2012
- My daughter's name means happy surprise: Grant - May 01, 2012
- Leave literature alone, don't adapt it, says Saeed Mirza - Mar 15, 2012
- Don't insult Indian audience's intelligence: Nikhil Dwivedi (Movie Snippets) - Apr 18, 2012
- Fatherhood has changed Grant - Mar 18, 2012
- Global warming 'the most successful pseudoscientific fraud ever': US physicist - Oct 12, 2010
- I looked like moron: Timberlake - May 05, 2012
- Hugh Grant dating Tinglan Hong - Apr 26, 2011
- Duff wants son to avoid showbusiness career - Oct 25, 2011
- Lifetime award in India a paradox: Filmmaker Bertrand Tavernier - Nov 24, 2011
- 'Acid Factory' - stylish action, but loses the plot (IANS Film Review; Rating:*1/2) - Oct 10, 2009
- Pak to talk on Balochistan unrest, Samjhauta Express blast probe with India - Mar 27, 2011
- 'Trainspotting' sequel will happen: Danny Boyle - Dec 07, 2010
- 7-years old Poppy Burge gets liposuction voucher for Xmas - Jan 04, 2012
- I don't want to end up alone: Hugh Grant - Sep 05, 2010
Tags: actress, cars, daughter jessica, disc brakes, ego, elizabeth hurley, fascination, film magazine, hugh grant, ipad, jemima khan, last september, london feb, midlife crisis, new obsession, pluses, targets