Hudson’s brother-in-law guilty for murderMay 12th, 2012 - 2:41 pm ICT by IANS
Chicago, May 12 (IANS) A Chicago court has convicted singer Jennifer Hudson’s former brother-in-law for triple murder — of her mother, brother and seven-year-old nephew Julian King.
William Balfour, 31, was found guilty of three counts of murder and four other counts related to the 2008 killings. He now faces a mandatory life imprisonment, reports contactmusic.com.
Balfour had pleaded he was not guilty of shooting Hudson’s mother Darnell Donerson, 57, her brother Jason Hudson, 29, and her seven-year-old nephew Julian King to death in October 2008.
He had also denied involvement in home invasion, residential burglary and possession of a stolen vehicle related to the killings.
His attorney had argued there was no forensic evidence linking him to the murders.
The panel took 18 hours deliberating on the case after it went to the jury at Cook County Court in Chicago, before finding Balfour guilty of triple murder.
- Hudson forgives family's killer - Sep 12, 2012
- Jennifer Hudson plans to sell family murder house - Dec 24, 2009
- Jennifer Hudson to open up about family tragedy - Jun 29, 2010
- Hudson to host charity dinner for late nephew - Jun 06, 2012
- Music is my therapy: Jennifer Hudson - Mar 26, 2011
- Jennifer Hudson holds event to remember nephew - Dec 24, 2010
- Hudson murder suspect granted permission to move jails - Jan 29, 2009
- Hudson returns to work after family tragedy - Dec 10, 2008
- Jennifer Hudson ready to forgive family murderer - May 16, 2009
- Relative indicted in killing of Jennifer Hudson's family - Dec 31, 2008
- Jennifer Hudson finally opens up about the murders of her family members - Jun 30, 2010
- Hudson offers reward for information on missing nephew - Oct 27, 2008
- Police find boy's body in Hudson triple murder case - Oct 28, 2008
- Police searching for actress Jennifer Hudson's nephew in murder case - Oct 26, 2008
- Jennifer Hudson thanks fans for being supportive following family tragedy - Nov 15, 2008
Tags: brother jason, cook county, darnell, forensic evidence, home invasion, jennifer hudson, julian king, killings, life imprisonment, mandatory life, murders, nephew, possession, residential burglary, triple murder, william balfour