Hudson to host charity dinner for late nephewJune 6th, 2012 - 4:07 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, June 6 (IANS) Singer-actress Jennifer Hudson is set to host a special dinner in honour of her late nephew to raise money for a charity launched in his memory.
Hudson’s seven-year-old nephew Julian King was shot dead by his estranged stepfather William Balfour in 2008 at their Chicago home.
The “Dreamgirls” star and her sister Julia, the mother of King, set up the Julian King Foundation after his death and they are now planning to organise the charity fund-raiser on his birthday Aug 15, reports eonline.com.
The Julian King Foundation was founded to help underprivileged kids in the Chicago area.
- Hudson forgives family's killer - Sep 12, 2012
- Hudson's brother-in-law guilty for murder - May 12, 2012
- Hudson launches weight-loss centre - Sep 29, 2011
- Jennifer Hudson plans to sell family murder house - Dec 24, 2009
- Hudson, Hendricks honoured for charity work - Sep 16, 2011
- Police searching for actress Jennifer Hudson's nephew in murder case - Oct 26, 2008
- Jennifer Hudson holds event to remember nephew - Dec 24, 2010
- Relative indicted in killing of Jennifer Hudson's family - Dec 31, 2008
- Police find boy's body in Hudson triple murder case - Oct 28, 2008
- Hudson murder suspect granted permission to move jails - Jan 29, 2009
- Music is my therapy: Jennifer Hudson - Mar 26, 2011
- Jennifer Hudson to open up about family tragedy - Jun 29, 2010
- Jennifer Hudson suspect to remain in custody till Dec 3 - Nov 11, 2008
- Hudson returns to work after family tragedy - Dec 10, 2008
- Hudsons family funeral set for November 3 - Nov 01, 2008
Tags: actress jennifer, charity dinner, charity fund raiser, chicago area, dreamgirls, honour, jennifer hudson, julian king, memory, money, nephew, sister julia, stepfather, underprivileged kids, william balfour