Hudson heads list of performers at Grammy AwardsJanuary 21st, 2009 - 11:57 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Jan 21 (DPA) Jennifer Hudson, whose mother, brother and nephew were murdered in October, will head the list of performers at the 51st Annual Grammy Awards Feb 8, it has been announced.It will be her second performance since the tragedy, coming a week after she sings the national anthem at the Superbowl Feb 1.
Hudson will be joined by stars like Carrie Underwood, Kenny Chesney, Coldplay, Jonas Brothers, Lil Wayne, and Katy Perry as other acts who will perform at the awards show.
Perry, the singer of the smash hit “I Kissed A Girl” will perform as part of a special segment in which fans will have a chance to upload a 30- to 60-second video of themselves singing along to a portion of the hit and virtually the stage in the live performance.
Rapper Lil Wayne leads the Grammy field with eight nominations ahead of Coldplay with seven, and Jay-Z, Ne-Yo and Kanye West who each earned six nods.
Alison Krauss, John Mayer, Robert Plant, Radiohead and Jazmine Sullivan received five nominations each, and Adele, Danger Mouse, Eagles, Lupe Fiasco, George Strait, and T.I. each have four nominations. Hudson and Underwood both have three nominations.
- Justin Timberlake, Paul McCartney to perform at Grammys - Jan 27, 2009
- Lil'' Wayne leads Grammy Awards nominations - Dec 04, 2008
- Kanye West tops 54th Grammy nominations with seven - Dec 01, 2011
- Robert Plant-Alison Krauss triumph Grammy''s with Album of the Year award - Feb 09, 2009
- Rihanna to perform with Coldplay at Grammys - Jan 20, 2012
- Coldplay, Lil Wayne bag maximum Grammy nominations - Dec 04, 2008
- Taylor Swift & Adele amongst the big winners in the American music awards - Nov 21, 2011
- Star Studded Soul Train Awards Seizes Attention, Ronald Isley Bags Legend Award - Nov 30, 2010
- Kanye West wins best rap song, album awards - Feb 13, 2012
- Adele deserved every award: Gaga - Feb 14, 2012
- Ronald Isley And Several Other Performers Lit Up Soul Train Music Awards - Nov 30, 2010
- Jonas Brothers to sing at Grammys on Feb. 8 - Jan 14, 2009
- Foo Fighters win five Grammy Awards - Feb 13, 2012
- David Guetta's India tour: tickets sell well - Feb 11, 2012
- "Lady Gaga, Eminem And Katy Perry To Execute Renditions At The 53rd Annual Grammys ... - Jan 14, 2011
Tags: adele, alison krauss, annual grammy awards, carrie underwood, danger mouse, george strait, grammy awards, jan 21, jazmine sullivan, jennifer hudson, kanye west, kenny chesney, lil wayne, live performance, lupe fiasco, national anthem, nods, performers at grammy awards, robert plant, superbowl feb 1