Hrithik unveils the first look of ‘Kites’ at CannesMay 15th, 2009 - 5:16 pm ICT by IANS
Cannes, May 15 (IANS) Bollywood superstar Hrithik Roshan along with his Mexican co-star Barbara Mori unveiled a teaser trailer and some key art posters of their much talked-about film “Kites” at the Cannes Film Festival Friday.
“‘Kites’ is a story of love that goes beyond barriers, boundaries and cultures. With an internationally renowned crew and crisp story telling, we have attempted to create a film which we feel has a scope to reach wider world audience and set new benchmarks,” said Hrithik.
Also present at the event was Hrithik’s father Rakesh Roshan who has not only produced the film under his banner Filmkraft Productions but also written it.
“With each of our films we have tired to push the envelope with path breaking technique, storytelling and novel presentation. A film like ‘Kites’ has never been attempted in India before. This is our attempt to tap the mainstream international audience and we are hopeful that with an able partner like BIG Pictures, we will be able to meet this objective,” said Rakesh Roshan.
The film is directed by Anurag Basu who carved a niche for himself with films like “Gangster - A Love Story” and “Life in a Metro”.
“I’m glad Rakesh Roshan and Hrithik entrusted me with an opportunity to direct ‘Kites’. It has been an enriching experience to shoot the film with an international team across world cites. I’m happy that the film is getting such great exposure at Cannes Film Festival, the world’s biggest film market,” said Basu.
“Kites”, which is being marketed extensively by Reliance BIG Pictures, also has Kangana Ranaut, Nick Brown and Kabir Bedi in pivotal roles.
“We are extremely proud to be associated with Filmkraft for marketing and distributing ‘Kites’ and have put together a diverse team with relevant international experience to take the film to the widest possible international audiences. Cannes 2009 is the beginning of this exciting journey,” said Sunir Kheterpal, COO, BIG Pictures.
The film is scheduled for release in the last quarter of 2009.
- Big Pictures Unveils First Look Of Kites - May 15, 2009
- Hrithik Roshan's Kites to be showcased at Cannes - May 09, 2009
- 'Kites' opens with 10,000 shows across Indian theatres - May 22, 2010
- 'Kites' a step to make Indian films global: Anurag Basu (Interview) - May 14, 2010
- Hrithik Roshan- Barbara Mori's 'Kites' set to take the world stage - Nov 19, 2009
- 'Kites' grosses Rs.65 crore worldwide in opening weekend - May 24, 2010
- ''Kites' can open global doors for Indian cinema' - May 15, 2009
- Barbara Mori -Hrithik Roshan At Cannes - May 14, 2009
- 'Kites' grosses over Rs.21 crore on opening day - May 22, 2010
- 'Kites' to have US, British premiere - May 13, 2010
- 'Kaho Naa...' to 'Kites': Hrithik reminisces in the US (With Images) - May 16, 2010
- Kite flying - old passion finds new celluloid expression - Jun 30, 2012
- 'Kites' gets ready to fly high (IANS Preview) - May 17, 2010
- Kangana left out of 'Kites' moment at Cannes - May 20, 2009
- Barbara Mori in India to promote 'Kites' - Apr 19, 2010
Tags: art posters, barbara mori, big pictures, cannes film festival, co star, film market, gangster a love story, hrithik roshan, international audience, international audiences, international experience, kabir bedi, kangana ranaut, kites, nick brown, novel presentation, pivotal roles, rakesh roshan, star barbara, world audience