Hrithik turns English teacher for Barbara MoriMay 23rd, 2009 - 8:43 am ICT by IANS
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, May 23 (IANS) It’s not just fame that “Kites” has brought to Mexican actress Barbara Mori. She has also learnt English while shooting for the romantic-action thriller and it was none other than co-star Hrithik Roshan who turned teacher on the sets.
Apparently Barbara and Hrithik made a pact. Hrithik would teach Barbara English and Barbara would teach him Spanish while shooting for the movie.
“I don’t know how much of the promised linguistic exchange worked, but Hrithik knows enough Spanish to understand Mori better than his character in ‘Kites’ who can’t follow a word of what she says in the film,” said a crew member.
Barbara has picked up enough to conduct herself coherently with the media in Cannes although apparently she would often turn to Hrithik to get the right word.
Film producer and Hrithik’s father Rakesh Roshan told IANS: “Barbara knew only Spanish when she started shooting for ‘Kites’. That suited us fine since her character is supposed to understand only Spanish. During shooting she needed to communicate with her co-stars and the crew. She was forced to learn English. Now she speaks just enough to make herself understood”.
“Kites” is being directed by Anurag Basu and also stars Kangana Ranaut in a pivotal role. The film’s shooting is over and it has reached editing table. Rakesh Roshan is hoping for an October release.
“All the prospective buyers and mediapersons loved the trailer we took to Cannes. This was my first official visit to Cannes though I’ve been to the city for holidays,” said Rakesh Roshan.
- No English? No Problem Barbara Mori Learns On The Job - May 21, 2009
- Barbara had her doubts about Hrithik - Apr 13, 2010
- Bollywood seemed funny, yet fascinating: Barbara Mori (Interview) - Apr 28, 2010
- Hrithik, Barbara Mori in Maldives for ad shoot - Apr 20, 2010
- 'Kites' swings and sways from good to bad (IANS Movie Review) - May 21, 2010
- 'Kites' to have US, British premiere - May 13, 2010
- `Kites' may open global skies for Indian movies - May 18, 2010
- WHEN RAKESH ROSHAN CALLED ME TO HIS OFFICE, I ACTUALLY THOUGHT THAT HE WANTED ME JUST AS A SCRIPT WRITER AND DID NOT EVEN DREAM THAT HE WANTED ME TO DIRECT HIS FILM -- Anurag Basu - May 14, 2010
- 'Kites' a step to make Indian films global: Anurag Basu (Interview) - May 14, 2010
- All is well between Barbara Mori and Sussanne Roshan! - Apr 21, 2010
- Movie Review - Kites(2010) - May 21, 2010
- Kite flying - old passion finds new celluloid expression - Jun 30, 2012
- Security breach in Noida upsets Hrithik - May 23, 2010
- 'Kites' grosses over Rs.21 crore on opening day - May 22, 2010
- Barbara Mori in India to promote 'Kites' - Apr 19, 2010
Tags: action thriller, barbara mori, cannes, co star, co stars, crew member, english teacher, fame, film producer, holidays, hrithik roshan, kangana ranaut, kites, mexican actress, mumbai, pact, pivotal role, prospective buyers, rakesh roshan, subhash k jha