Hrithik teaches easy way to quit smoking (Movie Snippets)December 14th, 2011 - 3:46 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 14 (IANS) Bollywood star Hrithik Roshan was hooked to smoking not so long ago. But when he chanced upon Allen Carr’s book, “The Easy Way to Quit Smoking”, he got free from his habit, and is now helping others too to kick the butt.
Hrithik first ordered the book, which was being endorsed by Hollywood celebrities like Anthony Hopkins and Ashton Kutcher, for himself. When the book arrived, he spent time alone and finished the book in a day.
Seven days later, he turned into a non-smoker, according to a source close to the 37-year-old.
The actor has now bought 40 copies of the book to distribute amongst family, friends and needy strangers too. From the film industry, Sanjay Dutt and Bobby Deol have already been given a copy each, said the source.
SRK desperate to read books
Superstar Shah Rukh Khan is an avid reader, but amid the promotions of his last release, “RA.One” and upcoming film “Don 2: The King Is Back”, he is missing the joy of catching up on books.
“Desperately seeking a good book to read. Kindle dried up…bookstores out of bounds…heading to Nagpur would have been nice if I had a book,” Shah Rukh posted on Twitter.
The actor and his “Don 2″ team are beginning their multi-city promotion tour for the film with Nagpur. He also recieved many suggestions for latest books, and asked his Nagpur fans to give him books during his stay.
“Thanks guys and girls keep the suggestions coming…need to immerse myself in books. Been a long time since I spent some time with myself. Enroute to Nagpur…the tour begins for the chase continues film. I really love meeting you all in the garb of film promotions. DON is ON…
“So if you are in Nagpur and have the time I would love it if you get me books…remember to write ur Twitter handle please on the book,” added Shah Rukh.
Rishi uncle’s songs have youth connect: Imran Khan
Actor Rishi Kapoor’s songs and films are still loved by people of all age groups and that’s because of their “spunk”, says Imran Khan, the title of whose next film “Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu” is inspired by one of the veteran star’s hit song.
“There is certain zing in the phrase ‘Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu’, which connects it instantly to the youth. Rishi uncle’s songs are very lively and there is certain spunk in them. I think that’s the reason why there is an instant youth connect,” Imran said in a press statement.
“Not only his songs, but also his personality is youthful and full of verve even today,” he added.
“Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu”, a Karan Johar production, also features Kareena Kapoor. It is a romantic comedy, and will hit the screens around Valentine’s Day next year.
- Neil wants pierced ears? (Movie Snippets) - Dec 19, 2011
- Imran to launch video travelogue for 'Ek Main Aur...' (With Image) - Jan 24, 2012
- Kareena is magic: Imran Khan - Dec 22, 2011
- Imran capable of making good film: Shakun Batra - Jan 24, 2012
- Kareena, Imran pairing USP of 'Ek Main...': Karan - Dec 15, 2011
- Get a peek-a-boo into Imran-Kareena starrer - Aug 24, 2011
- Flash mob greets Imran at New York University - Feb 04, 2012
- 'Ek Main Aur...' cash registers already ringing, rakes in Rs.21 crore - Feb 08, 2012
- 'Ek Main Aur..' dissimilar to 'What Happens In Vegas': Karan Johar - Dec 01, 2011
- Avoid promotions if they bother you: Imran - Apr 28, 2012
- Karan Johar propels newcomers into showbiz - Dec 29, 2011
- Shakti Kapoor to dance with girls on 'Bigg Boss 5' finale - Jan 05, 2012
- Go 'talli', go 'tunn' on Bollywood tunes - Jan 03, 2012
- Imran loses luggage during 'Ek Main...' promotional tour - Jan 30, 2012
- Will Imran-Kareena's chemistry work at box-office? (IANS Preview) - Feb 07, 2012
Tags: age groups, allen carr, anthony hopkins, ashton kutcher, bobby deol, bollywood star, day seven, film industry, garb, helping others, hollywood celebrities, hrithik roshan, imran khan, latest books, promotion tour, rishi kapoor, sanjay dutt, shah rukh khan, snippets, upcoming film