Hrithik Roshan’s miraculous recovery after a bad fall in VegasOctober 12th, 2008 - 3:21 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 12 (IANS) Bollywood star Hrithik Roshan has hurt his knees once again, this time while doing a dangerous car stunt for home production “Kites” in Las Vegas. Though doctors advised him eight weeks rest, the brawny actor was about and running just three days after the accident. “I hurt myself while jumping from a car. It looked really bad. The doctor said my knee would require eight weeks of healing. He said I’d be limping on crutches for at least two weeks,” Hrithik told IANS.
A source said: “All hell broke loose and there was panic. Hrithik was in considerable pain and unable to move. And since there was just a few days’ shooting left director Anurag Basu wondered what to do.”
The accident would have put “Kites” and Hrithik’s career behind with damaging consequences. In fact, papa Rakesh Roshan was adamant that they’d rather wrap up and lose out on the schedule than risk Hrithik’s knee further.
But three days after the injury Hrithik had a miraculous recovery. “I don’t know how it happened. On the third day after the accident I was running on my injured knee. So it’s all fine,” said Hrithik.
That’s what the adamant dancing-star says. But the recurring problem with his knee refuses to go away.
Hrithik’s knee trouble began when he did some daring stunts in “Krrish” and “Dhoom 2″. Hrithik had torn the ligament in his right knee and continued working despite the tremendous pain. In fact, he completed the painstaking training, travelling and shooting required for “Jodhaa-Akbar” with a bad knee.
In December 2007, after wrapping up “Jodhaa-Akbar”, he went to Singapore for six weeks treatment.
Commenting upon his knee problem and the recent accident, the source said: “It’s a fact that Hrithik’s knee is a cause for great concern for him and for his entire family. The doctors told him that he would never dance again.
“After his second son was born (May 1), Hrithik went for surgery to the US and spent nearly two months recovering. He was determined to let it heal properly because ‘Kites’ requires considerable athletic movement. Hrithik didn’t take one wrong step until he left to shoot ‘Kites’ in the US.”
One hopes time would heal Hrithik completely, but it seems unlikely.
- Nagging knee pain made me think of switching career: Hrithik Roshan - May 08, 2010
- It's Bollywood's ailing stars who let the show go on - Feb 19, 2009
- Cinematographer Chandran out of 'Agneepath' - May 03, 2011
- Filmmakers should come out of comfort zones: Hrithik Roshan (Interview) - Apr 02, 2010
- Hrihik Roshan injured again - Dec 13, 2011
- Hrithik wishes for good health on his birthday - Jan 10, 2012
- Hrithik Roshan Has Turned Phobic About Injuring His Right Knee! - Jan 19, 2011
- "Wait And Watch" - Shekhar On Hrithik In 'Paani' - Jul 21, 2010
- I don't want my sons to see me like this: Hrithik - Nov 25, 2010
- Bollywood in action: Death spotlights safety measures - Apr 14, 2012
- Hrithik cracks overseas market - Aug 06, 2011
- 'Guzaarish' changed my life: Hrithik - Sep 23, 2010
- Hrithik out of action!! - Apr 19, 2010
- Neil carries on working with broken finger - Feb 15, 2011
- Hrithik completes 12 years, thanks fans - Jan 15, 2012