Hrithik, Priyanka declared best actors at Filmfare Awards, ‘Jodhaa Akbar’ best filmMarch 1st, 2009 - 4:06 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 1 (IANS) Bollywood stars Hrithik Roshan and Priyanka Chopra were declared the best male and female actors respectively at the glittering 54th Idea Filmfare Awards ceremony here late Saturday night.
Hrithik won the award for essaying the role of Emperor Akbar in “Jodhaa Akbar”, while Priyanka walked away with the black lady statuette for her performance in “Fashion”.
“Jodhaa Akbar” pipped “Dostana”, “Ghajini”, “Jaane Tu-Ya Jaane Na”, “Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi”, and “Rock On!!” to bag the best film trophy, while the best director award went to Ashutosh Gowariker for “Jodhaa Akbar”.
Held at the Yash Raj Studios here, the evening saw a plethora of Bollywood’s Who’s Who dressed in their fanciest best walking the red carpet at the event.
- Nominations for 54th Filmfare Awards 2009 - Feb 16, 2009
- 10th International Indian Film Awards(IIFA) 2009 finalists - Jun 08, 2009
- My films have always been denied popular awards: Bhandarkar - Apr 30, 2009
- Bollywood directors pick their 2008 favourites (Lead) - Dec 31, 2008
- Star Screen Awards 2009 nominations - Jan 15, 2009
- List of Winners at the 54th Filmfare Awards 2009 - Mar 01, 2009
- Dark, ominous cinema tops Bollywood directors' 2008 favourite list - Dec 31, 2008
- Spice up V-Day with romantic Bollywood movies - Feb 09, 2012
- IIFA: Oscar winner Rahman gets best music director award (Lead) - Jun 13, 2009
- Australia-New Zealand film festival holding "Rani Mukherjee Retrospective" - Mar 11, 2010
- 'Jodhaa Akbar' bags maximum technical awards at IIFA - Jun 13, 2009
- Aamir wants wife Kiran in limelight for 'Dhobi Ghat' - Nov 13, 2010
- Shah Rukh, Priyanka bag top honours at Apsara Awards - Jan 09, 2010
- 'Jodhaa Akbar' sweeps IIFA awards with perfect 10 (Roundup) - Jun 14, 2009
- Ranbir, Vidya win top IIFA honours - Jun 10, 2012
Tags: awards ceremony, best director, best film, black lady, bollywood stars, director award, emperor akbar, fashion, female actors, filmfare awards, ghajini, hrithik roshan, late saturday night, march 1, plethora, priyanka chopra, red carpet, statuette, trophy