Hrithik, Barbara head for Cannes to promote ‘Kites’May 14th, 2009 - 5:30 pm ICT by IANS
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, May 14 (IANS) Bollywood star Hrithik Roshan is set to attend the special screening of his much-talked about film “Kites” with co-star Barbara Mori, said his father Rakesh Roshan who also added that he will project the movie as his production house’s first truly international product.
Director Anurag Basu will also be there with them at 62nd Cannes Film Festival that opened Wednesday.
“Yes Hrithik, Anurag, representatives from Big Pictures and I will be in Cannes. Barbara Mori will be joining us from Mexico. We’ll be screening a specially-prepared trailer of ‘Kites’ on May 15th. Then on May 16th we’ll screen the film at Cannes for international buyers.”
So far Rakesh Roshan’s productions including “Koi… Mil Gaya” (2003) and “Krrish” (2006) have been very desi in their appeal. “Kites” is being taken to an international audience and Cannes is the first stop, therefore very important.
“We hope to pitch ‘Kites’ as our production house’s first truly international product. Cannes is a very important venue for international cinema. That’s why we’ve made sure to complete the film in time. Anurag and I have been working against time to do do, but we’ve managed,” said Rakesh Roshan.
Rakesh Roshan says that his visit to Cannes with the film “Kites” has nothing to do with the current producers-multiplex deadlock.
“Why should the strike in the multiplexes affect our visit to Cannes? We aren’t breaking any of conditions laid down during the strike. We’re not screening our film publicly or for media at Cannes. This is a screening only for potential buyers from the West,” he said.
The “Kites” team is scheduled to reach Cannes Thursday and will leave Sunday. They’ll be staying at The Martinez in Cannes.
- Barbara Mori -Hrithik Roshan At Cannes - May 14, 2009
- 'Kites' grosses Rs.65 crore worldwide in opening weekend - May 24, 2010
- 'Kites' opens with 10,000 shows across Indian theatres - May 22, 2010
- 'Kites' grosses over Rs.21 crore on opening day - May 22, 2010
- Times Square traffic halts as Hrithik runs to meet fans (With Images) - May 18, 2010
- I'm very happy we're making a sequel to 'Krrish': Hrithik - Jan 10, 2011
- 'Kites' will be the successor of '3 Idiots': experts - May 19, 2010
- Hrithik getting in shape for 'Krrish 2' - Jan 11, 2012
- At 36, Hrithik still Bollywood's 'Greek god' - Jan 09, 2010
- Hrithik Roshan's Kites to be showcased at Cannes - May 09, 2009
- We can't afford bigness of Hollywood films: Rakesh Roshan - Jul 05, 2012
- 'Kites' to have US, British premiere - May 13, 2010
- Nagging knee pain made me think of switching career: Hrithik Roshan - May 08, 2010
- Security breach in Noida upsets Hrithik - May 23, 2010
- Hrithik Roshan To Hit Again With Krrish 2 - Jul 12, 2010
Tags: barbara mori, big pictures, bollywood star, cannes film festival, co star, deadlock, hrithik roshan, international audience, international cinema, krrish, mexico, multiplexes, mumbai, producers, product director, rakesh roshan, star barbara, subhash k jha, venue