Hrithik, Akshaye impress with singing, designing (Snippets)June 16th, 2009 - 3:11 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 16 (IANS) They are known for their acting skills, but Hrithik Roshan and Akshaye Khanna also have some talents that the world knows little about - singing and dress designing!
Hrithik mesmerised all and sundry with his singing and Akshaye surprised guests with his designing skills at the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards extravaganza that concluded in the Chinese town of Macau Saturday.
Hrithik sang “Tere jaisa yaar kahaan…” at an impromptu ‘antakshari’ music session conducted by actor Boman Irani, while Akshaye came dressed in his own creation - a formal suit.
“If I actually tell you who has designed my outfit, you will get a shock - it’s me,” Akshaye told IANS. “Actually, I have a passion for tailoring which many people don’t know about. So it’s just one of my designs,” he added.
Anil Kapoor, who is producing Akshaye-starrer “Shortkut: The Con Is On”, vouched for the latter’s creativity in fashion. “He (Akshaye) is very good at it, but very expensive,” he quipped.
Bipasha doesn’t miss John
While John Abraham was in Mumbai nursing his injured foot, his girlfriend, actress Bipasha Basu, merrily walked the green carpet at the IIFA awards and said she didnt miss his presence.
“Why should I miss John? I am not missing him,” Bipasha said.
“Why would anyone miss anyone for two days? Even if he was here, I wouldn’t have been able to give him enough time because I had to rehearse for my performance and he is happy taking care of his foot in Mumbai. I guess he is the one missing out on all the fun here,” she added.
John had recently fractured his foot while shooting a cricket match for David Dhawan’s “Hook Ya Crook” and is bound by a cast for a month, which is why he couldn’t make it to Macau.
David, Govinda bond over 17th film
Having completed “Do Knot Disturb”, his 17th project with David Dhawan, Bollywood actor Govinda says he knows the director so well that he can almost pen a book on him.
“The best thing about working with David is that you don’t feel how big the director is. His innocence is his strength. The thing is that he himself doesn’t know how big a director he is. I can keep talking about David… in fact, I can even write a book on him,” quipped Govinda.
- Govinda becomes a John Abraham fan! - Aug 19, 2009
- Glittering fashion show, flat jokes at IIFA charity event - Jun 12, 2009
- Roshans make up for Bachchans' absence (IIFA Diary) - Jun 06, 2010
- Akshay Kumar fittest man in industry: John Abraham - Nov 08, 2011
- Salman's RSVP to David Dhawan from Cuba - Feb 11, 2012
- Akshay misses Delhi's smooth drives in Mumbai - Mar 14, 2012
- Chitrangada, Ayushmann excited to host IIFA Rocks - May 24, 2012
- Rishi, Ranbir to perform together at IIFA? - Jun 01, 2012
- Observing dad on sets helped: Rohit Dhawan - Sep 27, 2011
- This is happiest phase of my life: Suniel Shetty (Movie Snippets) - Nov 11, 2011
- It's back to Singapore for IIFA this year - Apr 24, 2012
- Deepika's cousin designs jersey for John - Nov 03, 2011
- Sans big stars, IIFA awards end with fanfare (Review) - Jun 06, 2010
- I'm a real desi boy: Akshay Kumar (Interview) - Nov 09, 2011
- Zindagi Na, Rockstar dominate IIFA awards - Jun 10, 2012
Tags: acting skills, actor govinda, akshaye khanna, anil kapoor, antakshari, bipasha basu, bollywood actor, boman irani, cricket match, david dhawan, extravaganza, film academy, formal suit, hrithik roshan, indian film, john abraham, knot, music session, s hook, snippets