Howard set on finalizing ‘Angels and Demons’ before Hollywood strikeNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:48 am ICT by admin
The movie is scheduled for a December 2008 release.
But before that there is a lot of work to be done, especially for Howard who will be shoot “Angels and Demons” as he supervises editing and post-production on the screen adaptation of the Peter Morgan play “Frost/Nixon,” reports Variety.
‘Angels and Demons’ will see Tom Hanks reprising his role as Robert Langdon.
The Harvard-based expert on religious symbols will this time be put to the test on a mystery that involves a secret society and a conspiracy that leads to Vatican City and threatens the future of the Catholic Church.
TV and movie writers in Hollywood have overwhelmingly voted to authorize a strike.
The union says it wants a new contract that stipulates writers being able to keep up with the financial success of the industry.
One of the key issues dividing producers and writers is compensation for DVD sales and productions that are distributed on the Internet.
The last writers strike in 1998 lasted 22 weeks and cost the industry an estimated 500 million dollars. (ANI)
- 'Da Vinci Code' sequel set for early release - Nov 14, 2007
- 'Inception', 'Social Network' bag Writers Guild awards - Feb 07, 2011
- Indian fans will enjoy 'Angels & Demons': Tom Hanks - May 03, 2009
- 'Angels & Demons' rakes in Rs.19 mn in India over 1st weekend - Jun 01, 2009
- Vatican poised to boycott Tom Hanks-starrer Angels & Demons - Mar 24, 2009
- Vatican to boycott 'Angels and Demons' - Mar 24, 2009
- 'Angels and Demons' to be released in four languages May 29 - May 18, 2009
- Sam Mendes to direct next James Bond flick? - Jan 06, 2010
- Brad Pitt, Shia LaBeouf to star in 'Riptide'? - Jul 06, 2010
- New Bond Movie Canceled Owing To MGM's Financial Woes - Jul 10, 2010
- Actor Stacy Keach hospitalized - Mar 18, 2009
- 'Black Swan' And 'The Social Network' Are Among The Catalog Of Films To Have Been Nominated For Different Screenplay Awards At The WGA - Jan 05, 2011
- Vatican bans Hanks Da Vinci Code prequel from Rome churches - Jun 17, 2008
- 'Dhoom 3' release shifted to 2013 - Oct 17, 2011
- Oscar frontrunners nominated for Writers Guild Awards - Jan 12, 2010
Tags: angels and demons, authorize, catholic church, da vinci code, financial success, hollywood strike, new contract, peter morgan, post production, prequel, religious symbols, robert langdon, screen adaptation, secret society, tom hanks, vatican city