How plotting to kill Adolf Hitler challenged Tom CruiseJanuary 18th, 2009 - 2:25 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Jan 18 (ANI): Hollywood actor Tom Cruise has revealed what inspired him to take up Valkyrie.
In the film, the Top Gun star plays Colonel Count Claus von Stauffenberg, the key figure in a botched “bomb in a briefcase”” attempt, code-named Valkyrie, to assassinate Adolf Hitler in his so-called “Wolf’’s Lair”” at Rastenburg on July 20, 1944.
Now, the actor has revealed the reason behind him being a part of the flick.
“I”ve always wanted to challenge myself and entertain an audience and engage an audience. Valkyrie is a very challenging film on many levels and something I thought I”d never seen before from that perspective,”” the Daily Telegraph quoted Cruise, as saying.
Recently, Cruise revealed that he hated Hitler so much he pretended to kill him during childhood war games.
He admits he was aware of Hitler from a young age - and was obsessed with executing him. (ANI)
- Hitler's base up for rent - Jan 19, 2012
- I knew 'Valkyrie' would be controversial: Tom Cruise - Jan 27, 2009
- 'Valkyrie' director gaga over Tom Cruise - Feb 10, 2009
- Tom Cruise's Nazi assassin role wins German accolades - Dec 31, 2008
- 'Tom Cruise wants to promote 'Valkyrie' in India' - Jan 20, 2009
- Claus von Stauffenbergs grandson praises Cruises performance in Valkyrie - Dec 20, 2008
- Tom Cruise unfazed by Valkyrie controversy - Jan 12, 2009
- Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes receive death threats from anti-scientology groups - Dec 29, 2008
- 'Valkyrie' director all praise for 'Slumdog Millionaire' - Jan 23, 2009
- 'Valkyrie's' German audiences confronted with their own past - Jan 23, 2009
- Tom Cruises performance in Valkyrie feeble, says critic - Dec 16, 2008
- Tom Cruise still loses sleep before starting new film - Jan 26, 2009
- Last anti-Hitler plotter dies at 90 - May 02, 2008
- Tom Cruises BlackBerry is missing in Toronto - Dec 11, 2008
- Hitler's last surviving bodyguard stops replying to fan mail - Jan 28, 2011