How important is Artie Lange to Howard Stern?April 11th, 2008 - 1:17 am ICT by amritpal
The answer is that he is not at all important and was asked to leave the Howard Stern show on what can be called “the disciplinary grounds”. Lange had a fight with his personal assistant Teddy off air. The duo were asked to put forth their points of view on air. The discussion escalated, Lange became furious and even physically lashed at Teddy.
Stern expressed his displeasure and Lange responded by offering his resignation. May be he was kinda threatening Stern, but to his surprise Stern accepted his resignation. So, now we have the Howard Stern without Artie Lange.
For the people who have known Artie Lange, this episode does not come as a surprise. He has been responsible for many such things in the past, which has been quite turbulent.
Lange was one of the original nine castmembers of MADtv when the series debuted in 1995. Unlike some of his fellow castmembers on MADtv, Lange came to the show with limited sketch comedy experience as a stand-up comedian. Around this time he became heavily involved with drugs, particularly cocaine. He has stated that his lowest point of cocaine use occurred during a shooting of the MADtv sketch “Babewatch” (a parody of Baywatch) in which he played a pig lifeguard. Because the sketch involved going through hours of make-up to transform him into a pig, he snorted cocaine in his car in full pig make-up during a break in the shooting of the sketch. Upon returning from the shoot, he passed out in his hotel room, and awoke to find he had defecated in his own bed.
After Lange served a short jail term and successfully completing a drug rehabilitation program, comedian Norm MacDonald offered him a part in the 1998 movie Dirty Work. While promoting the movie, McDonald brought Lange to The Howard Stern Show. Lange appeared on the show several times after, and was eventually asked to take over Jackie Martling’s chair when Martling left the Stern Show in 2001.
Even his personal life has been listless. He has alwasy had health issues. From increase in weight to drug addiction to Sexually Transmitted disease, Lange has experienced it all.The website artielangedeathwatch.com was started to predict when Lange would die if he continues this lifestyle. Before discontinuing updates, the site projected that he would die at age 53.
- Howard Stern Show To Continue Without Artie Lange - Oct 29, 2010
- Artie Lange suspended from radio show - Aug 01, 2012
- Artie Lange Is Back To Howard Stern's Comedy Show - Sep 28, 2010
- Return Of Artie Lange Still Unconfirmed After Hospitalization - Jan 03, 2010
- Radio icon Howard Stern's sidekick Artie Lange hospitalised - Jan 03, 2010
- Actor Artie Lange Attempts To Commit Suicide - Jan 08, 2010
- Artie Lange Has Been Arrested On DUI Charges - Jul 12, 2009
- Greg the comedian is dead - Sep 30, 2010
- Howard Stern starts filming for America's Got Talent - Feb 24, 2012
- Howard Stern Renews Contract With Sirius XM - Dec 10, 2010
- Brand, Perry practised 'wheelchair porn' - Jul 21, 2012
- Comedian Robert Schimmel Admitted To Medical Facility In Serious Condition - Sep 04, 2010
- Comedian Robert Schimmel Dies After Car Accident - Sep 05, 2010
- Howard Stein apologizes on David Letterman show - Feb 04, 2011
- Robert Schimmel Gets Candid On "The Howard Stern Show" - Jan 29, 2010