Houston’s secret ’son’ to get share in wealthFebruary 26th, 2012 - 2:49 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Feb 26 (IANS) Late singer Whitney Houston’s secret “son” will get a share of her 20 million pounds-worth of fortune, according to family sources.
The pop superstar took Nick Gordon, 22, into her home in Atlanta, Georgia, as a youngster to save him from his own troubled background.
Though she never adopted him formally, he called her “Mum” and was treated like her own by caring Houston, who died at 48 earlier this month.
He also became a “brother” to the singer’s 18-year-old daughter Bobbi Kristina and featured in family photos.
Although Houston struggled for cash later in life as she battled debt and drug problems, she is still believed to have left an estate of around 20 million pounds, which has grown by increased record sales following her death.
Now Gordon is set to get a share, reports thesun.co.uk.
A source close to the family in Atlanta said: “Nick was family, she loved him as much as any mother could love a child.
“If he is not written into her will and everything goes to Bobbi then it will only be because it was written before she took Nick into her family.
“If that’s the case, Bobbi will make sure Nick is taken care of because it’s what her mum would have wanted and he’s like a brother.”
But Gordon has had his problems too. In 2011, he was charged with gun possession in Roswell, Georgia, after a night out with his sister.
He was accused of trying to stop a fight between Bobbi and her ex-boyfriend by pulling the gun.
The same night Bobbi was arrested for possession of alcohol while a minor.
But Houston stood by her ’son’.
The superstar was found in her hotel bathtub on the eve of the Grammy Awards earlier this month after taking a cocktail of prescription pills.
Later, Gordon tweeted: “Rest in peace. Thank you for all your support. The legend will always and forever live on.”
- Whitney's girl seen kissing 'adopted' brother - Mar 12, 2012
- Gordon plays down Houston 'romance' rumours - Mar 16, 2012
- Houston leaves fortune for daughter - Mar 08, 2012
- Whitney's mother Cissy not happy with the funeral arrangements - Feb 15, 2012
- Daughter pays tribute to Whitney Houston - Aug 10, 2012
- Houston's daughter not adopting mom's last name - May 31, 2012
- Winfrey interviews Houston's girl - Mar 08, 2012
- Whitney Houston's family in reality show - May 13, 2012
- Bobbi Kristina's problems are 'out of control' - Feb 24, 2012
- Is Bobby Brown going to attend Whitney Houston funeral? - Feb 15, 2012
- Bobbi Kristina to see Whitney's body Saturday - Feb 17, 2012
- Janet Jackson consoles Bobbi Kristina on the death of Whitney Houston - Feb 15, 2012
- Rihanna's dress sizzles on Grammy's red carpet - Feb 13, 2012
- Whitney Houston is sending her daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown to rehab - Mar 17, 2011
- Houston's mother, daughter lead mourners - Feb 18, 2012
Tags: atlanta georgia, bathtub, cocktail, eve, family photos, family sources, fortune, grammy awards, gun possession, nick gordon, pop superstar, possession of alcohol, prescription pills, record sales, rest in peace, roswell georgia, singer whitney houston, thesun, whitney houston, youngster