Houston denies banning journalists from discussing her drug problemsJune 10th, 2009 - 4:50 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 10 (ANI): Whitney Houston has shot down reports suggesting that she has banned journalists from discussing her drug issues during promotional chats for her upcoming album.
The R&B star, who struggled for years with crack cocaine addiction and finally succeeded in kicking it, is preparing to launch her chart comeback clean and sober, reports The Daily Express.
A source tells the New York Daily News, “They only want her to talk to journalists who’ll agree not to ask about her substance abuse. The deal is, if they want her, then (U.S. TV interviewers) Matt Lauer, Diane Sawyer or whoever isn’t supposed to ask her tough questions.”
However, the star’s rep rubbished the claims.
A representative says, “(The reports are) premature. Nothing has been set.” (ANI)
- Whitney Houston ready to talk about 7yr exile excluding drug addiction - Jun 08, 2009
- Whitney Houston has spent her entire fortune - Jan 25, 2012
- Houston in financial crisis - Jan 24, 2012
- Bobbi Kristina's problems are 'out of control' - Feb 24, 2012
- Bobby Brown says his daughter 'doesn't do drugs' - Mar 09, 2011
- Whitney Houston's Tour In Full Throttle - Feb 27, 2010
- Today is Whitney Houston's birthday - Aug 09, 2012
- Drug dealers family jailed for 82 years - Nov 23, 2011
- Winfrey interviews Houston's girl - Mar 08, 2012
- Whitney Houston is sending her daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown to rehab - Mar 17, 2011
- Rihanna in new photo scandal - Apr 21, 2012
- Whitney's mother Cissy not happy with the funeral arrangements - Feb 15, 2012
- Houston to get posthumous award - May 17, 2012
- Whitney Houston's family in reality show - May 13, 2012
- Is Bobby Brown going to attend Whitney Houston funeral? - Feb 15, 2012
Tags: amp, chats, crack cocaine addiction, daily express, diane sawyer, interviewers, journalists, london, matt lauer, new york daily news, s tv, substance abuse, tough questions, whitney houston, york daily news