Houston back to silver screen after 15 yearsSeptember 16th, 2011 - 8:15 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Sep 16 (IANS) Singer-actress Whitney Houston is set to return to the big screen after 15 years in the remake of musical drama “Sparkle”.
The 48-year-old singer, who was previously seen in 1996 film “The Preacher’s Wife”, will star opposite fellow singer Jordin Sparks and actor Mike Epps in “Sparkle”, which was originally released in 1976.
The film follows the fortunes of a girl group in the 1950s and their rise to stardom, reports hollywoodreporter.com.
Houston has been involved with the project for at least 10 years and had originally wanted R&B; singer Aaliyah to play the lead role back in 2001 but the movie was shelved after the singer died in a plane crash.
- Houston to return on big screen? - Sep 14, 2011
- Houston to get posthumous award - May 17, 2012
- Houston in financial crisis - Jan 24, 2012
- Jennifer Hudson pays tribute to Whitney Houston - Feb 13, 2012
- Saldana to play singer Nina Simone - Aug 17, 2012
- Whitney Houston: Another star falls (Roundup) - Feb 12, 2012
- Whitney Houston has spent her entire fortune - Jan 25, 2012
- Pop star Whitney Houston dies at 48 (Second Lead) - Feb 12, 2012
- Galaxy of stars pay tearful tribute to Houston - Feb 19, 2012
- Matt Damon pulls out of directorial debut - Jan 08, 2012
- 'The Bodyguard' remake to have a new Whitney Houston - Feb 25, 2011
- 'The Bodyguard' remake in the pipeline - Feb 25, 2011
- Drug abuse part of Hollywood's heritage: Mahesh Bhatt - Feb 13, 2012
- Brangelina's kids don't find them cool - Dec 09, 2011
- Pregnant Jessica Simpson poses naked for magazine - Mar 09, 2012
Tags: 10 years, 1950s, aaliyah, actress, b singer, fortunes, girl group, jordin sparks, lead role, mike epps, musical drama, plane crash, preacher, rise to stardom, silver screen, sparkle, whitney houston