‘Hot Bipasha real reason for global warming’June 14th, 2009 - 9:38 am ICT by IANS
By Fakir Hassen
Macau, June 14 (IANS) Bipasha Basu should be India’s environment minister because she was “the real reason for global warming all over the world.”
This was the choice of International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Awards hosts Boman Irani and Riteish Deshmukh who unveiled their dream cabinet before a packed auditorium at the Chinese resort here as the annual event marked its 10th anniversary.
The comic duo announced their choice that they said should have been appointed by Bollywood after the recent elections, much to the delight of the 15,000 strong crowd here Saturday night.
Director Ashutosh Gowariker should be agriculture minister for what he had done for the rural community with his hit film “Lagaan”; Raakesh Roshan, the coal minister because his successful film “Koyla” had shown that he knows everything there is to know about the black product; and Katrina Kaif should be the youth affairs minister because every youth wanted to talk to her, the pair added.
Aamir Khan should be home minister because all he did for eleven months in every year was sit at home and then just release a single film in the last month.
Akshay Kumar, shown on screen with his face on a Rs1,000 note, should be the finance minister because with the money he makes he could finance almost the entire population.
“Slumdog Millionaire” star Freida Pinto would do well in the post of minister for overseas and foreign affairs because she knew exactly how to start an affair abroad, Irani jested.
Always on the defensive, Salman Khan would make the ideal defence minister and Malika Sherawat could occupy the new position of minister for the upliftment of the downtrodden.
Others in the Irani/Deshmukh cabinet would be Sunny Deol as law and transport minister ; Yash and Aditya Chopra of ‘Punjab Power’ fame for their film “Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi” as joint power ministers; and Viveik Oberoi as telecommunications minister because he knew how to make calls quickly when necessary.
- Viveik out of 'Shootout At Wadala' - Jan 14, 2012
- BJP wants Deshmukh to go over land row - Apr 05, 2012
- Ghai land allotment row: BJP says Deshmukh must quit - Apr 05, 2012
- Gay themes no longer in Bollywood closet - Jun 14, 2009
- Team Anna charges Manmohan, Chidambaram, Pranab of corruption (Second Lead) - May 26, 2012
- 'Soon, film earning Rs.400 cr won't seem big' - Mar 21, 2012
- Bollywood finally sets stage for theatre veterans - Apr 21, 2012
- Adarsh scam: Ashok Chavan shifts blame on predecessor - Jun 30, 2012
- Cabinet reshuffle today, major changes in portfolios expected - Jan 19, 2011
- Congress disapproves Kamat's resignation (Lead) - Jul 14, 2011
- I'm arguably Mithun-da's biggest fan: Sajid Khan - Mar 17, 2012
- Aamir celebrates a decade of 'Lagaan' in style - Jun 16, 2011
- Team Anna attacks Manmohan, Chidambaram and Pranab (Lead) - May 26, 2012
- Multi-starrers are important: Shreyas - Mar 20, 2012
- Promotion important, it shows our confidence in film: Boman - Jun 21, 2012
Tags: 10th anniversary, aamir khan, agriculture minister, akshay kumar, bipasha basu, boman irani, comic duo, dream cabinet, film academy, finance minister, freida, home minister, indian film, katrina kaif, koyla, malika sherawat, riteish deshmukh, salman khan, sunny deol, yash