Horse riding is fast catching up with acting: Randeep HoodaApril 15th, 2009 - 7:57 pm ICT by IANS
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, April 15 (IANS) Actor Randeep Hooda won the silver medal at the Delhi Horse Show and says horse riding is fast catching up with acting as his predominant passion.
Last week at the prestigious Delhi Horse Show Randeep won a silver medal in the National Dressage category, which is considered by equestrians to be the toughest category in the competition.
“The Delhi Horse Show is the toughest because I had to compete against horse riders who were Arjuna awardees and Padma Shri winners. It’s normally impossible for a non-specialised rider to win at this venue. That I managed to win a silver medal and that too in the toughest category proves that horse riding is fast catching up with my acting as my predominant passion,” Randeep told IANS.
Dressage requires connectivity between the rider and his horse to be displayed in the subtlest of ways.
“You can’t make ‘horse noises’ to the horse nor spur it on with hands, legs or a stick. It’s entirely to do with your communication level almost elevated to a telepathic link, between the horse and the rider,” said the actor who started his career with “D”.
Randeep won the prestigious silver medal out of 170 entries in Delhi.
“Full credit goes to my horses Ranji and Johnny Walker. I owned eight horses. But I gave two away to a couple of new horse learners. I love my horses.”
Now the horse-riding season is over and Randeep wants to get back to serious acting.
“But horse riding will always be special. I think I’m the only professional horse rider from the movie industry. Strangely I’ve seen no men from the industry at equestrian events though I’ve seen some ladies like Diya Mirza and Lara Dutta at the race course. Women, by the way, make superior horse riders,” he said.
His forthcoming release is “Rang Rasiya”.
- Randeep Hooda Wins Silver Medal At Prestigious The Delhi Horse Show - Apr 15, 2009
- Dressage legend Van Grunsven ready for her seventh Olympics - Jul 14, 2012
- Two Saudi Olympic riders banned after horses test positive - May 24, 2012
- Milan-Randeep's Chance Encounter - Jul 21, 2010
- Queen Elizabeth's granddaughter makes Olympic debut - Jul 29, 2012
- Peter Crouch's engagement ring back on Abbey Clancy's finger - Aug 15, 2010
- Concern for spectators' skin care at Olympics (London diary) - Jul 29, 2012
- Army Horse show in Chandigarh - Nov 18, 2009
- Olympic volleyball: Russia beats Britain - Jul 29, 2012
- Olympic equestrian: Dujardin prances to dressage gold for Britain - Aug 10, 2012
- Carnival at Baprola village as Sushil scripts history - Aug 12, 2012
- John Terry's wife Toni becomes first WAG to represent country in sport - Jun 12, 2010
- Canadian weightlifter aims to grab CWG gold - Oct 02, 2010
- Low-key welcome in Hyderabad for champion shuttlers - Oct 16, 2010
- Paraplegic Deepa aims for medal at World Games - Dec 02, 2011
Tags: communication level, course women, diya mirza, equestrian events, equestrians, forthcoming release, horse rider, horse riders, horse riding, horse show, johnny walker, lara dutta, national dressage, no men, professional horse, randeep hooda, ranji, silver medal, subhash k jha, telepathic link