Hooper to direct ‘Les Miserables’March 26th, 2011 - 12:28 am ICT by IANS
London, March 25 (IANS) The King’s Speech’ director Tom Hooper is set to work on a movie version of stage musical ‘Les Miserables’.
The 38-year-old Hooper is currently in final negotiations to direct a version of the theater production ‘Les Miserable’, set in 19th century France, according to Variety.
Working Title productions is developing the movie along with the show’s original stage producer Cameron Mackintosh, while William Nicholson will write the script, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
The musical ‘Les Miserables’ is based on a the 1862 French novel by author Victor Hugo and follows the lives of several French characters
- Hathaway to star in 'Les Miserables'? - Aug 31, 2011
- Anne Hathaway to star in Les Mis - Oct 19, 2011
- Hathaway signs 'Les Miserables' - Oct 20, 2011
- Russell Crowe to star in 'Les Miserable' - Sep 10, 2011
- Nick Jonas to make West End debut with 'Les Miserables' - May 30, 2010
- Amanda Seyfried might star in 'Les Miserables' - Jan 05, 2012
- Hugh Jackman to star in 'Les Miserables'? - Jun 16, 2011
- Nick Jonas keen to work in theater - Jun 09, 2011
- Simpson in talks to judge 'The X Factor' - Mar 29, 2011
- Helena Bonham Carter to star in 'Les Miserables' - Sep 12, 2011
- Alec Baldwin returns to Broadway - Jun 29, 2012
- Jennifer set to play young Miss Marple - Mar 30, 2011
- Shania Twain's stalker taken into custody - Mar 30, 2011
- Letterman receives excellence award - Mar 29, 2011
- Carey celebrates birthday by painting bump - Mar 30, 2011
Tags: 19th century france, asian news, dg, director tom, femalefirst, french characters, french novel, indo, les miserables london, london march, march 25, negotiations, news service, producer cameron mackintosh, snb, stage producer, tom hooper, victor hugo, william nicholson