Honorary doctorate for RahmanMay 27th, 2009 - 3:48 pm ICT by IANS
Aligarh, May 27 (IANS) Oscar winning composer A.R. Rahman will be conferred an honorary doctorate by Aligarh Muslim University (AMU).
Rahman shot to international fame with his compositions in Danny Boyle’s underdog drama “Slumdog Millionaire” and won two golden statuettes for that.
Apart from Rahman, Gopichand Narang, former president of Sahitya Academy, would also be conferred an honorary doctorate at a convocation June 7, said a press release from AMU.
West Bengal governor Gopalkrishna Gandhi will be the chief guest at the 59th annual convocation function. AMU chancellor, A.M. Ahmadi, also former chief justice of India, will preside over the annual event.
- Rahman loses out on Globe Globe (Lead) - Jan 17, 2011
- Aligarh Muslim University to honour A.R. Rahman - Feb 25, 2009
- Rahman gets Golden Globe nomination for '127 Hours' - Dec 14, 2010
- 'Jai ho' Rahman at Golden Globe nominations again (Lead) - Dec 14, 2010
- Rahman honoured at World Economic Forum - Jan 27, 2011
- AMU to confer doctorate on Manmohan, Sonia - Dec 22, 2009
- Rahman loses out on Golden Globes to 'The Social Network' - Jan 17, 2011
- Rahman loses BAFTA - Feb 14, 2011
- Rahman in Oscar run again with two nominations for '127 Hours' - Jan 25, 2011
- Rahman to perform at Oscars again - Feb 05, 2011
- Rahman to rock Olympics with Punjabi beats! - Jun 30, 2012
- Abhi-Ash to attend Oscars? - Feb 25, 2011
- Rahman loses out at Oscars, Indians disappointed (Lead) - Feb 28, 2011
- Rahman to launch music video with Dido? - Jan 04, 2011
- Rahman wins Best Original Song Award in Los Angles - Jan 15, 2011
Tags: aligarh muslim university, amu, chancellor, chief guest, chief justice of india, compositions, convocation, danny boyle, former president, gandhi, golden statuettes, gopichand, honorary doctorate, international fame, millionaire, Press Release, sahitya academy, underdog, west bengal