Holmes to get $15 mn from Cruise?July 1st, 2012 - 3:32 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, July 1 (IANS) Actress Katie Holmes is likely to be paid $15 million after her divorce from actor Tom Cruise.
Holmes, who filed for divorce after five years of marriage, citing “irreconcilable differences”, seeks sole custody of the couple’s six-year-old daughter Suri.
Experts believe she will get a huge amount of money as child support from Cruise.
“Most of the estate is Tom’s. She’ll have to go for a lot of child support. She’ll have to show that Suri has nannies, cars, activities, clothes, hair appointments. That a hefty amount each month is needed to maintain Suri’s lifestyle,” top divorce attorney Vikki Ziegler told Hollywoodlife.com.
Once the divorce is finalised, both the actors will keep their respective earnings from the projects they’ve worked on since November 2006.
Holmes is also likely to receive $3 million for every year she was married to Cruise as well as the couple’s $35 million Beverly Hills mansion, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
Since they did not stay married for 11 years, the pre-nuptial agreement states California community property laws won’t apply to the divorce - which normally sees a couple’s assets split 50/50.
- Tom Cruise deeply saddened by divorce - Jun 30, 2012
- Holmes to receive $400,000 from Cruise - Aug 25, 2012
- Was the Church of Scientology auditioning women for Tom Cruise to marry? - Jul 09, 2012
- Cruise, Holmes' lawyers discuss divorce pact - Jul 08, 2012
- Cruise, Holmes officially divorced - Aug 22, 2012
- Holmes changes Suri's wardrobe - Jul 18, 2012
- Cruise sets up trust fund for Suri - Aug 29, 2012
- No pre-nup money for Holmes? - Jul 04, 2012
- Holmes apologised to Cruise - Aug 20, 2012
- Suri Cruise named most stylish child - Jul 24, 2012
- Cruise, Holmes part ways - Jun 30, 2012
- Cruise to file for divorce in Los Angeles - Jul 02, 2012
- Cruise reunites with daughter Suri - Jul 18, 2012
- Is Katie Holmes dating Jeremy Strong? - Sep 05, 2012
- Suri Cruise will be an actress, believes mom - Jul 14, 2011
Tags: 11 years, actress katie holmes, agreement states, amount of money, beverly hills, california community property, child support, divorce attorney, earnings, femalefirst, hair appointments, irreconcilable differences, july 1, katie holmes, pre nuptial agreement, sole custody, tom cruise, tom cruise holmes, vikki, ziegler