Hollywood to join hands with Bollywood against piracyNovember 14th, 2007 - 3:03 am ICT by admin
Appreciating the effort by Indian counterpart, he said that Hyderabad Film Chambers worked with the Andhra Pradesh Government to create India’s first dedicated court to oversee film piracy cases. Modulated enforcement, technology, delivery of exciting new services and public education are the essential elements of a graduated approach to fight intellectual property theft, he said.
“We have created a ‘best practices’ roadmap for university computer network usage and in many countries MPA and MPA member company executives speak to university students about copyright and its importance”, he said.
MPA has created a booklet warning about the risks of peer-to-peer file sharing, which has been distributed to young people, he added.
Glickman further said that the evolution of on-demand world and the new and enhanced power of consumer choice were impacting the habits and preferences of the audience, adding that moviemakers must turn out quality movies with compelling and entertaining stories that audiences want to see.
“We in the industry must anticipate and respond to change, recognizing that technology is turning out to offer far more opportunity than adversity”, he added.
Pointing out that the value of partnership between Hollywood and Bollywood was meaningful, Glickman said that American film producers were forging relationships that they hope would let them tell stories to Indian audiences. (ANI)
- Hollywood, Bollywood studios unite to counter piracy - Mar 18, 2010
- Comic on Internet piracy launched for schoolkids - May 24, 2010
- AACT and I Hate Luv Storys Come Together To Launch - 1800-103-1919- A Toll Free Number To Report Piracy - Jun 30, 2010
- Hollywood sues Indian American for selling films online - Apr 05, 2011
- COMIC BOOKS HIGHLIGHTING DANGERS OF FILESHARING LAUNCHED IN INDIA - May 24, 2010
- MPAA, multiplexes launch campaign to curb camcord piracy - Sep 07, 2009
- India ahead of China in anti-piracy drive: Glickman - Nov 14, 2007
- Want to combat piracy? Go for John Doe order - May 25, 2012
- AACT Cracks Down North India's Piracy Hubs - Oct 23, 2010
- India fourth largest illegal downloader - Dec 15, 2009
- Bollywood must treat women as heroes: 'Kahaani' writer Advaita Kala - Apr 26, 2012
- Film city coming up in Kolhapur: Chavan - Mar 14, 2012
- Shah Rukh returns in villainous avatar in 'Don 2' (IANS Preview) - Dec 20, 2011
- Want Indian stories that West connects to: Ashok Amritraj (Interview) - Feb 18, 2012
- India to align copyright norms with global standards - Oct 15, 2010
Tags: andhra pradesh government, bollywood, enforcement technology, enhanced power, film piracy, film producers, hollywood, India, indian audiences, indian counterpart, intellectual property theft, member company, movie makers, mpa member, piracy cases, pirated movies, stiff sentences, technology delivery, university computer network