Hollywood movies getting conservative: StoneOctober 23rd, 2011 - 2:36 pm ICT by IANS
London, Oct 23 (IANS) Actress Emma Stone thinks Hollywood movies are getting more conservative because studio bosses are afraid of “offending” anyone.
“It concerns me that movies seem to be getting more and more conservative and watered down. Movies need broad appeal to succeed and bosses don’t want to alienate anyone,” contactmusic.com quoted the 22-year-old as saying.
“I see movies made in the 1970s such as ‘Network’ that I really don’t think would get made today. A movie that calls the audience to task for sitting glued to their screens, believing everything they’re told by the media - that would be considered too challenging today. Nobody wants to risk offending the viewers,” she added.
- Harrison Ford wants to play James Bond - Aug 18, 2011
- I'll soon produce a comedy show: Asif Sheikh - Sep 28, 2011
- Stewart, Pattinson split affecting 'Breaking Dawn.. 2' promotion plans - Aug 31, 2012
- Halle Berry not playing Oprah Winfrey in biopic - Nov 14, 2010
- Friends keep Rihanna grounded - Apr 04, 2012
- Wahlberg feels humour in 'Ted' may offend people - Jul 09, 2012
- 'Being Alien' tag not without Salman's permission: Farah Khan - Jul 14, 2012
- Clooney worried about less sleep - Dec 15, 2011
- Nobody wants to see me topless: Jessica Parker - May 19, 2010
- Failure doesn't kill you: Kevin Costner - Feb 28, 2011
- John Travolta praises Hollywood - Nov 18, 2010
- Emma finalised for new 'Spider Man' movie - Oct 06, 2010
- Seal regrets not meeting Winehouse - Nov 06, 2011
- 'Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark' - traditionally scary (IANS Movie Review) - May 19, 2012
- I have countless flaws: Rachel Weisz - Aug 02, 2012