Hollywood entrepreneur Ashok Amritraj launches cross-cultural film in IndiaNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:41 am ICT by admin
Jimmy Dodson, Director of the film ‘Behind Enemy Lines: Axis of Evil’, will be directing the movie, which will be shot in India and the United States.
Amritraj’s production house has given major box office hits like ‘Bringing Down The House’ starring Steve Martin and ‘Premonition’ with Sandra Bullock.
Amritraj said he did not believe in ‘crossover cinema’, a term loosely used to describe any film with Indian actors or themes aimed at the international market, saying he makes films for an international audience.
“Whether I do the movies with Angelina Jolie, Bruce Willis, Steve Martin or Sandra Bullock, they are all basically international films,” said Amritraj.
The film has a cast of Hollywood actors like Jesse Metcalfe, who shot to fame as the famous gardener in ABC’s drama ‘Desperate Housewives’, Canadian-American actor Sarah Foster and seasoned Bollywood actors like Anupam Kher and a few-films old Shreya Saran.
Metcalfe, who starred in the romantic comedy film, ‘John Tucker Must Die’ said he could not dance, when asked about the ’song-and-dance’ sequence, associated with Bollywood cinema.
“I am not really into musicals. Everyone is asking me to dance now and I can’t dance,” said Metcalfe.
One of the most talented and acclaimed actors of Bollywood, Anupam Kher has worked in international films like ‘Bend it Like Beckham’, directed by London-based Director Gurinder Chadha.
“Basically I am an Indian actor. And I am very happy to be in Indian cinema. I enjoy every movie. But when you grow as a person and an actor, one will enjoy working in such kind of films as well. It is very interesting,” said Kher.
‘The Other End of the Line’ is a story about an Indian girl who falls in love with a foreigner from San Francisco and goes to the United States to meet him.
The film is a romantic-comedy, a genre that is widely popular in Hollywood. (ANI)
- Al Pacino can't do what Indian actors do: Anupam Kher - Jun 27, 2011
- Competitive actors make sets toxic: Ryan Reynolds - Jul 02, 2011
- Anupam pays 'smiling tribute' to late father in Shimla - May 03, 2012
- Indian cinema has lot to offer to West: Anupam Kher - Oct 09, 2011
- Anupam Kher to share screen with Robert De Niro - Oct 20, 2011
- Bollywood now more professional, but impersonal: Anupam Kher (Interview) - Apr 11, 2012
- Only man in my life is my son: Bullock - Feb 10, 2012
- Anupam most romantic man, says wife Kirron Kher - Jan 04, 2012
- 'Hollywood business-oriented, doesn't care for art' - Nov 14, 2011
- Anupam Kher Company Launched On Painting Exhibition - Sep 09, 2010
- Character actors are pillars of films: Anupam Kher - Aug 28, 2012
- Anupam Kher to be honoured with Presidential Award - Jun 03, 2010
- Zohra 100 years young, says Salman Rushdie - Apr 27, 2012
- Bollywood debutant gets Hollywood chance with Dev Patel - Feb 15, 2011
- 'Ishqiya 2' will be cult: Arshad Warsi (Movie Snippets) - Jan 05, 2012
Tags: abc, adlabs, angelina jolie, anupam kher, bend it like beckham, bollywood actors, bollywood cinema, box office hits, bringing down the house, desperate housewives, gurinder chadha, hollywood, hyde park entertainment, India, international films, jesse metcalfe, mgm studios, premonition, sandra bullock, shreya saran