Hollywood director spills the beans on Hoffman, Carrey and CageNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:10 am ICT by admin
Siberling, who directed Cage in ‘City of Angels’ recalled: “I remember taking him up to this helipad where we were building that huge open construction site that’s in the film, and I said ‘this set is going up and (this won’t work) if you’re going to get up there and be locked up and catatonic.
“So we went up this 12-step ladder together and he got up the top and he was white.
“I said ‘look you don’t have to do this’ … and he got up really close to my face and said, ‘no, I’m Superman!’.
“He was supposed to play Superman next for the same studio even though he was afraid of heights and he didn’t want to lose his job.
“He got through the whole movie, I was very proud of him.”
He also revealed that Dustin Hoffman is a very ‘on the ball’ star but is afraid to commit to a project for fear that it will fail.
Jim Carrey, he said, is wonderful but very ‘demanding’ of a director’s time.
“He is wonderful and brave and ultimately the most anxious performer. It’s like hanging with a 13 or 14 year old,” Sterling said.
“He’s got incredible instinct and he’s very smart but he … is a challenge for some people because you can’t just leave him in a corner and go pay attention to other people, he’s very demanding of your time.”
Silberling revealed that Morgan Freeman, on the other hand, is one of the least neurotic actors he’s met. (ANI)
- Jim Carrey becomes grandfather - Feb 27, 2010
- Carrey out of 'Dumb and Dumber' sequel - Jun 21, 2012
- Carrey agrees to appear on chat show after 17 years - Jan 10, 2011
- Dustin Hoffman forgot BAFTA speech due to stage fright - Feb 24, 2010
- Jim Carrey becomes a grandfather - Feb 28, 2010
- Dustin Hoffman 'is too much of a wimp to play 'Tootsie' like woman again' - Oct 02, 2010
- Carrey is single and dating - May 03, 2011
- Carrey hates homophobic bullies - Dec 27, 2010
- Jim Carrey says Ewan McGregor is a great kisser - Dec 01, 2010
- Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield enjoy a dinner date together - Aug 27, 2011
- Oscar is boring: Dustin Hoffman - Feb 11, 2012
- Carrey unsure of finding long love - Jul 02, 2011
- Jim Carrey's Daughter Jane Carrey Divorcing Alex Santana - Dec 08, 2010
- Cage gives up Superman dreams - Jul 09, 2010
- Clint Eastwood turned down 'Superman' and 'James Bond roles' - Sep 09, 2010
Tags: 14 year old, afraid of heights, attention seeker, australian directors, ball star, catatonic, city of angels, commitment phobe, directors guild, dustin hoffman, helipad, hollywood director, jim carrey, locked up, morgan freeman, neurotic, nicolas cage, open construction, step ladder, superman