Hollywood Actors Support Australian Boycott of ‘The Hobbit’September 27th, 2010 - 9:38 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Sep 27 (THAINDIAN NEWS) After the Australian Actor’s Union asked their members to boycott the new movie, ‘The Hobbit’, Hollywood actors Sir Ian McKellen, Cate Blanchett, and Hugo Weaving were all in agreement, and were said to be in support of shunning the prequel to the ‘Lord of the Rings’ trilogy, according to the union.
The MEAA, or Media, Entertainment and Arts Alliance requested the boycott because they claim that the producer of the film did not offer the actors standard contract, nor did he give them an agreement which was negotiated by the union. Their members have been advised not to work on the movie. In response to this threat, Peter Jackson, the filmmaker, announced the possibility that he would take the movie out of New Zealand and film it elsewhere.
In a letter which he released yesterday, Jackson stated that he may move the film to eastern Europe if a settlement is not reached.
- The International Federation of Actors Calls For An International Boycott Of "The Hobbit" - Sep 27, 2010
- Actors unions tell members to avoid new Hobbit movies - Sep 27, 2010
- Orlando Bloom to star in 'The Hobbit' - Dec 10, 2010
- Jackson offers chance to visit 'Hobbit' sets - Dec 26, 2011
- Ian McKellen to reprise his role as wizard Gandalf in new Hobbit films - Jan 11, 2011
- Elijah Wood: Probable Name In The Blockbuster ‘The Hobbit’ - Jan 08, 2011
- McKellen considered quitting 'The Hobbit' - Jan 14, 2011
- Actor Elijah Wood To Do A Cameo In "The Hobbit" - Jan 09, 2011
- Will Sir Ian Mckellen be seen in 'The Hobbit'? - Nov 29, 2010
- Orlando Bloom: The Latest ‘The Lord Of The Rings’ Member To Enter 'The Hobbit’ - Dec 09, 2010
- Peter Jackson blasts Oz Union calling for global actor boycott of 'Hobbit' film - Oct 01, 2010
- Sir Ian McKellen may bid adieu to his role in 'The Hobbit' - Jul 08, 2010
- Sir Ian McKellen is all set to act in 'The Hobbit' - Jan 11, 2011
- Elijah Wood to star in 'The Hobbit' - Jan 10, 2011
- Diminutive Actors For 'Hobbit' Sought - Sep 27, 2010
Tags: arts alliance, australian actor, boycott, cate blanchett, eastern europe, filmmaker, hobbit, hollywood, hollywood actors, hugo weaving, ian mckellen, lord of the rings, lord of the rings trilogy, meaa, media entertainment, new zealand, peter jackson, prequel, s union, sir ian mckellen