Hollywood actor John Landis set to attend IFFI 2008October 26th, 2008 - 2:01 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Oct 26 (IANS) Hollywood actor John Landis, best known for directing Michael Jackson’s music videos “Thriller” and “Black or White”, is expected to attend the foreign retrospective segment at the 39th International Film festival of India (IFFI), starting Nov 22 here.”Along with John Landis, his Oscar nominated wife Deborah Nadoolman is also expected to come,” Manoj Srivastava, CEO, Entertainment Society of Goa (ESG), said at a press conference here Saturday.
This year, Iran has been chosen for the ‘country focus’ segment, while the Bollywood premiere section is still being vetted by the jury, said Srivastava.
“We have 22 entries from India as of now and we have to whittle it down to five. The movies queued up include those of Amitabh Bachchan, Anupan Kher. There are others directed by Jhanu Barua, M.S. Sathyu and etc,” said Srivastava.
IFFI is also organising heritage walks to provide delegates an opportunity to appreciate Goa’s cultural environs better.
“We have tied up with the Goa Heritage Action Group (GHAG) to work out a programme.”
ESG has also tied up with Bollywood heavyweight Subhash Ghai’s Whistling Woods International (WWI) filmmaking institute to come up with a live CCTV channel at the festival.
Srivastava also informed that a jury led by renowned filmmaker Arvind Sinha is in the final stages of sifting through the 310 odd entries that were received for screening till now.
“The response has been overwhelming. We were expecting about 120 entries. Most of the films were from European countries like France, Holland, etc.”
This is the fourth year that IFFI is being held in Goa, after it was chosen as a permanent venue in 2004.
- 'Filmmakers not being involved in film popularisation in Goa' - Dec 01, 2011
- Tags to Raj Kapoor lounge - sponsors chip in at IFFI - Nov 18, 2011
- Goa CM ducks queries on Amitabh's absence from film fest - Nov 20, 2010
- Goa looks at offering tax reimbursement to filmmakers - Nov 24, 2010
- Filmmakers shooting in Goa might get tax relief - Jul 14, 2011
- Goa To Uphold Itself As Film Shooting Spot During IFFI - Sep 21, 2010
- Subsidy for filmmakers shooting in Goa! - Sep 09, 2010
- Liquor baron to give away short film awards at IFFI - Nov 29, 2010
- IFFI gets bigger; Europe, America to compete this year - Jun 28, 2010
- IIFI 2011: Malayalam films dominate Indian panorama - Oct 18, 2011
- Mike Pandey urges centre, Goa to bury IFFI hatchet - Jul 19, 2011
- IFFI organisers use football to warm up Goans to films - Nov 11, 2011
- Squabbles over IFFI should stop: Goa chief minister - Sep 22, 2010
- Kasaravalli's debut film 'Ghatashradhdha' makes T20 list - Dec 04, 2009
- Goa film fest boosting our brand, says Kingfisher - Nov 17, 2010