Hiten Rajgor To Play The Role Of Shiney Ahuja in a Film To Be Made Inspired By The Rape CaseJune 23rd, 2009 - 3:54 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Hiten Rajgor is in the news these days ever since he was signed to play the lead in the film Chamak The Shine to be launched inspired by the recent Shiney Ahuja rape case.
Excerpts from an interview:
Tell me about the film Chamak The Shine with which you are slated to make your debut in films?
Producer Mohd Azim has signed me to play the lead in his film Chamak The Shine to be directed by Qamar Hajipuri. It revolves around the subject of an actor who rapes his maid servant.
Is the film about the recent rape case in which Shiney Ahuja was involved?
All that I can say is that it is a film which is being made inspired by the recent alleged rape case of Shiney Ahuja, though it is not actually based on Shiney Ahuja, because the director and his team had stared working on the script long before the incident shook Bollywood.
Who is playing the leading lady in the film?
While Divya Dwivedi has been signed to play the maid servant, we are in talks with a top leading lady who will play the role of my wife.
With which TV serial have you made your debut as an actor?
With the serial Mere Ghar Aayi Ek Nanni Pari, which is on air on the popular channel Colors, I am lucky to have made my debut as an actor in a very pivotal role after having modeled for several prestigious campaigns.
Tell me about your background
My father is a known name in the world of builders while my mother is a housewife. Though I am the heir to the Rajgor Empire, I have set my eyes on a career in not only the world of television but also Bollywood. I am very keen to become a popular Page 3 celebrity, because that’s where my heart is.
How did you home your acting talent to begin with?
It was Barry John who taught me the nuances of acting. I know that to click in Bollywood, besides talent, you also ought to have a well chiseled figure. I also worked towards having a fit body by going to the gym day in and day out.
How tough was it to stray away from your family vocation?
I was born in Mumbai and a graduate from Somaya College. I am lucky I have the blessings of my family which stood by my decision to stray from my family avocation to the exciting world of entertainment where I want to make a name for myself in a big way. My family has given me time to prove myself in my chosen field.
You seem to have a modeling background too.
Yes. You would not believe this but the fact is that right from the time when I was just in the sixth standard in my school, the modeling bug bit me in a big way and I had even started doing quite a few modeling campaigns.
Which are the prominent campaigns that you have done so far as a model?
I can remember the ads I did for BPL and Raymond, which creatively satisfied me a lot as a model.
What according to you is your plus point as an actor?
Whether it is education or acting, I have always held the belief that I should do whatever I do with a lot of dedication. My businessman father Ramesh Rajgor feels that it is this dedication of mine that is all set to pay me big dividends in the long run.
Who is your idol as far as actors in Bollywood is concerned?
I should say that Amitabh Bachchan has inspired me a lot and he is my idol. I try to emulate him in every way, whether it is his polished sense of acting or his reputation to report on the sets of shooting punctually on time, at times even ten minutes before the scheduled time.
- Salman, Farhan speak up for actor Shiney Ahuja (Lead) - Mar 31, 2011
- 'Har Pal' set for summer release, Preity ready to promote it - Jan 16, 2012
- Judiciary should not target actors blatantly: Arshad Warsi - Mar 31, 2011
- Shiney hopes to shine again after 'Ghost' - Nov 28, 2011
- I wish Shiney all the strength: Farhan Akhtar - Mar 31, 2011
- Jab Angad Hasija Met Shiney Ahuja! - Aug 30, 2010
- Industry, fans warmer to me than before: Shiney Ahuja (Interview) - Aug 26, 2012
- I hope Shiney will be declared innocent: Salman Khan - Mar 31, 2011
- Shiney set for second innings, thanks Bharat Shah - Nov 08, 2011
- Shiney slaps notice to Micromax on 'Bai' commercial - Oct 24, 2011
- Actor Shiney Ahuja appeals rape conviction - Apr 19, 2011
- Shiney Ahuja sentenced to 7-year jail for raping maid - Mar 30, 2011
- Shiney Ahuja gets bail from Bombay High Court - Apr 27, 2011
- Shiney Ahuja to appeal against rape sentence in High Court - Mar 31, 2011
- Shiney Ahuja jailed for 7 years for raping maid (Lead) - Mar 30, 2011
Tags: alleged rape, azim, bollywood, campaigns, case excerpts, debut, divya dwivedi, empire, fit body, ghar, heir, housewife, leading lady, maid servant, nuances, pivotal role, rape case, rapes, shiney ahuja, tv serial