History-hating Kapur struggled with ‘Elizabeth’November 14th, 2007 - 8:16 am ICT by admin
He admits that he had been reluctant to take up the project when movie bosses first asked him to helm the pic because he was not interested in period drama.
“When they (the producers) first approached me it was odd because period drama doesn’t attract me. I hated history and knew nothing about Elizabeth,” Contactmusic quoted Kapur as saying.
“The British film that interested me at the time was Trainspotting.
“So when we started shooting, the joke was that this was the Trainspotting version of British costume drama,” he added. (ANI)
- Normal for passion films like 'Paani' to take time: Shekhar Kapur - Jul 12, 2011
- Shekhar Kapur denies turning down Cruz's offer - Mar 06, 2011
- Shekhar Kapur's 'Paani' to focus on water wars - Jul 10, 2011
- Shekhar Kapur wants Damien Hirst for his next - Jan 15, 2012
- Cinema now just a product: Shekhar Kapur - Dec 05, 2011
- Filmmaking losing its iconic identity: Shekhar Kapur - Aug 01, 2012
- Preity finds her junior version (Movie Snippets) - Jun 28, 2012
- Hazare's is the most secular movement: Shekhar Kapur - Aug 22, 2011
- Nusrat brought me closer to god: Shekhar Kapur - Nov 06, 2011
- Can't think 'Mr.India 2' without Amrish Puri: Shekhar Kapur (Movie Snippets) - Jun 23, 2012
- 'Shirin Farhad Ki...' first and last film: Farah Khan (Movie Snippets) - May 05, 2012
- Anil Kapoor: The King Of Bollywood Sequels In 2011 - Dec 22, 2010
- Lily Collins hated 'Mirror, Mirror' costumes - Feb 18, 2012
- Shekhar Kapur inspired Prosenjit's look in 'Shanghai' - Apr 20, 2012
- This 'James Bond' keeps personal life under cover - Jul 29, 2011