Hip hop has become mellow: Jay-ZOctober 2nd, 2011 - 11:52 pm ICT by IANS
London, Oct 2 (IANS) Singer Jay-Z says hip-hop has become more “mellow” over time and he thinks that is due to the drug consumption of some of his peers.
“Public Enemy were a great force in the 80s. Chuck D was a powerful speaker and a great thinker. The intensity of life on the street in the 80s is right there in that mix,” contactmusic.com quoted the 41-year-old as saying.
“Hip hop sounds get mellower in the 90s, when people started smoking more weed,” he added.
- Pearl Jam to perform at Jay-Z's festival - May 23, 2012
- Jay Z to open restaurant for charity - Jul 06, 2011
- Jay-Z teams with Pharrell for clothing line - Aug 05, 2011
- 'Diddy' Combs wealthiest hip-hop artist - Mar 11, 2011
- Baby girl born to Beyonce - Jan 08, 2012
- Jay Z wants to be dad soon - Nov 28, 2009
- 50 Cent On Kanye West And Jay-Z Joint Venture - Jan 18, 2011
- Jay-Z wanted to be rich via basketball - Jan 12, 2011
- P. Diddy 'wealthiest artist in hip-hop' - Mar 11, 2011
- Jay-Z, Beyonce upset with Kardashian - Sep 02, 2012
- Jay-Z and me love changing nappies: Beyonce - Sep 11, 2012
- Beyonce gifts hubby a Bugatti - Dec 08, 2010
- Jay-Z compares Beyonce with MJ - Aug 16, 2011
- Beyonce now subject of university course - Jan 28, 2012
- Nicki Minaj wants to be an author - Mar 14, 2012