Hindus suggest Lindsay Lohan and Jessica Simpson to visit an India ashramOctober 17th, 2009 - 1:30 am ICT by Sampurn Wire
Hindus are encouraging Hollywood divas Lindsay Lohan and Jessica Simpson to spend some time in an ashram (hermitage) in India for solace and reinventing themselves.
Hindu statesman Rajan Zed, in a statement in Nevada (USA) today, said that stay at the ashram would help bring Lohan and Simpson tranquillity, spirituality and serenity.
Zed, who is president of Universal Society of Hinduism, says that ashram is a place of retreat usually used for spiritual development and India is full of them. Members of English rock band “The Beatles” (Yellow Submarine) spent long periods at a Rishikesh ashram on the Ganges river bank. Musician-actor Ben Lee (The Square) and actress Ione Skye (River’s Edge) reportedly had a traditional Hindu wedding ceremony in an ashram near Chennai in south India in the recent past. Grammy winner American singer-rapper-musician-producer Kanye West has been reportedly planning to spend about a month in Sri Aurobindo Ashram in Pondicherry to seek spiritual guidance, reassess his life and turn it around.
Generally ashrams are located away from the crowds in forests or other places amidst natural surroundings which are suitable for meditation and spiritual instruction and find mention in Hindu scriptures. Lord Krishna himself went to sage Sandipani’s ashram to gain knowledge, Rajan Zed points out.
MTV Award winner Lindsay Dee Lohan (Mean Girls), 23, is a well known American actress-singer-model and has topped Maxim’s “Hot 100″. Apparently showing her belief in “karma’, Lohan recently wrote on social networking service “twitter’: “i’m all about Karma…what goes around comes around”
MTV nominated Jessica Ann Simpson (The Dukes of Hazzard), 29, has achieved seven Billboard Top 40 hits.
Hinduism is the oldest and third largest religion of the world with about one billion adherents and moksha (liberation) is its ultimate goal.
- On upcoming India trip, Hindus urge Lindsay Lohan to "reinvent" her in ashram - Oct 29, 2009
- On upcoming India trip, Hindus urge Lindsay to "reinvent" herself in ashram - Oct 29, 2009
- Hindus suggest Lindsay Lohan to take a dip in holy river Ganges - Dec 09, 2009
- Meditation, yoga will prove helpful to Lindsay Lohan, Hindu statesman Zed suggests - Jul 21, 2010
- Hollywood diva Lindsay Lohan urged to visit Hindu temple in view of her faith in 'karma' - Sep 05, 2009
- Hindus suggest adopting meditation-yoga-spirituality to Lindsay Lohan for gainful rehab & life - Jul 30, 2010
- Jessica Simpson reveals her Bollywood trip on Twitter - Oct 23, 2009
- Hindus welcome rapper Kanye West's plan of retreat in Indian ashram - Oct 11, 2009
- Kanye West plans of retreat in Hindu ashram in India - Oct 12, 2009
- Musician Ben Lee washed mother-in-law's feet during Hindu wedding with actress Ione Skye - May 04, 2009
- Lindsay Lohan to seek spiritual succour in Bihar - Dec 11, 2009
- Picture of guru "Neem Karoli Baba" attracted Julia Roberts to Hinduism - Aug 10, 2010
- Hindus concerned about Julia Roberts' "Eat, Pray, Love" - Mar 21, 2010
- Brandy Norwood's Lord Ganesh tattoo starts fad for Hindu tattoos - Jan 15, 2011
- Musician Ben Lee gives newborn daughter Sanskrit name - Sep 29, 2009
Tags: actress ione skye, beatles yellow submarine, billboard top 40, billboard top 40 hits, ganges river, hindu scriptures, hindu statesman, hindu wedding ceremony, hollywood divas, ione skye, lindsay lohan and jessica simpson, lohan mean girls, lord krishna, mtv award, rishikesh ashram, skye river, social networking service, sri aurobindo, sri aurobindo ashram, universal society