Hinduism specialists discuss contributions of yogaMarch 28th, 2009 - 12:18 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Relevance of yoga, traces of which date back to Indus Valley Civilization around 2,000 BCE, in the modern world was explored when Swami Sitaramananda, internationally respected yoga virtuoso; and Rajan Zed, acclaimed Hindu statesman; met at Grass Valley in California (USA).
Other topics discussed were spiritual dimension of yoga, realization through Vedanta, maya (universal illusion) and True Reality, manaskara (mind-work), realization of Self, future of yoga, etc.
Zed pointed out that yoga would continue to live and grow, as it was the reservoir of something basic in the human spirit and soul.
Swami Sitaramananda, director of renowned Sivananda Ashram Yoga Farm in California, is an international ambassador of yoga, who has taught and spread yoga world over for the last about 25 years. She is an ordained sannyasin of the Saraswati classical monastic order of India and has written books on spiritual poetry and yoga.
Rajan Zed is an acclaimed Hindu statesman who is president of Universal Society of Hinduism. He is one of the panelists for “On Faith”, a prestigious interactive conversation on religion produced jointly by Newsweek and washingtonpost.com. He is very active in interfaith dialogue and has been bestowed with “World Interfaith Leader Award”. -Sampurn Media
- Hinduism specialists discuss relevance of Bhagavad-Gita - Aug 05, 2010
- California's first Hinduism Summit to honor Rajan Zed with "Global Civil Rights" award - Jul 18, 2010
- Rajan Zed presented with "Global Civil Rights Award" in USA - Aug 30, 2010
- Famous Hindu temple in U.S. honours Rajan Zed - May 30, 2010
- 'International Day of Peace' celebrations in Nevada to open with Shanti Mantra - Sep 08, 2010
- Gayatri and other mantras opened Sparks City Council in Nevada - Jul 13, 2010
- Sanskrit mantras to open Vacaville City Council in California - Jun 29, 2010
- Famous Siva Vishnu Temple of America honors Hindu statesman Zed - May 31, 2010
- Vacaville City Council in California has its first Hindu prayer - Jul 28, 2010
- Hindu statesman Zed bestowed with "Vishwa Hindu Ratna" award - Jul 20, 2009
- Historic Hindu prayer opened Nevada's capital Carson City meet for first time since 1858 - Feb 19, 2010
- Six city councils in USA opening with ancient Hindu prayers - Apr 26, 2010
- City Council meet in Nevada to open with Sanskrit shlokas - Dec 23, 2009
- Historic first Hindu prayer to open both Senate & House of Alaska state of USA - Mar 23, 2010
- Global entertainment capital Clark County opened its meet with first Hindu mantras - Jul 09, 2010
Tags: bce, grass valley, hindu statesman, hinduism, human spirit, indus valley, interfaith dialogue, international ambassador, leader award, newsweek, panelists, rajan zed, sannyasin, sivananda ashram yoga farm, spirit and soul, spiritual dimension, spiritual poetry, true reality, universal society, yoga world