Hindu leader Zed describes Hollywood star Paltrow’s new venture as “too mundane”May 18th, 2009 - 3:51 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Acclaimed Hindu statesman Rajan Zed has praised Oscar winner Hollywood actress Gwyneth Paltrow for foraying into “inner aspect” in her weekly newsletter “GOOP” launched sometimes back, but criticized it for being too materialistic.
Zed, who is president of Universal Society of Hinduism, in a statement in Nevada (USA) today, said that although the tagline of GOOP is “nourish the inner aspect”, there were not many deep spiritual and philosophical thoughts in it, which were essential part of “nourishing” the inner self. It was very “external”, Zed added.
Rajan Zed further said that Paltrow (Shakespeare in Love) needed to grow-up from the mundane topics of “Boots by Gucci”, “Banana Pancakes”, “The Hungry Cat”, “Tweezerman” for taming unruly eyebrows of men, “Single Ladies”, etc. Instead, she needed to talk on topics like realizing self, immortality, deeper reality, eternity, soul, inner realms of the mind and spirit, pure consciousness, etc., if she was serious about “inner aspect”.
GOOP is said to be a name carved from 36-year old Gwyneth Kate Paltrow’s initials, who is also sometimes known as “part yogini”. -Sampurn Media
- Hollywood star Paltrow finally removes "nourish the inner aspect" tagline from her blog - Jul 12, 2010
- Hindus slam Paltrow's blog over usage of religious terminology - May 19, 2009
- Gwyneth gets the Hindu slam - May 20, 2009
- Gwyneth Paltrow recommends self-designed shoes - Dec 05, 2009
- o "nourish the inner aspect", Gwyneth Paltrow okays Morocco hotel where suite can cost $8116 - Dec 21, 2009
- Gwyneth Paltrow's formula to nourish the inner aspect: Bibimbop - Sep 17, 2009
- Gwyneth Paltrow recommends poached shrimp with wine to "nourish the inner aspect" - Oct 19, 2009
- Gwyneth Paltrow prescribes dirty martini, other cocktails to "nourish the inner aspect" - Jan 01, 2010
- Gwyneth Paltrow suggests "SIN-amon Rolls" to "nourish the inner aspect" - Oct 31, 2009
- Gwyneth Paltrow suggests "investing" to "nourish the inner aspect" - Oct 06, 2009
- Gwyneth Paltrow recommends poached shrimp with wine to "nourish the inner aspect" - Oct 18, 2009
- Paltrow's formula to "nourish the inner aspect" - Bibimbop - Sep 17, 2009
- Hollywood star Paltrow's blog criticized for catering to "outer" while claiming to "nourish the inner aspect" - Jul 11, 2009
- Paltrow endorses "gourmet taco trucks" to "nourish the inner aspect" - Oct 24, 2009
- Sir Paul McCartney finds vegetarianism 'most enjoyable' - Feb 08, 2010
Tags: actress gwyneth paltrow, banana pancakes, gwyneth paltrow, hindu leader, hindu statesman, hollywood actress, hollywood star, hungry cat, immortality, inner aspect, mind and spirit, nevada usa, oscar winner, philosophical thoughts, rajan zed, shakespeare in love, single ladies, tweezerman, universal society, usa today