Hindi Remake Of Tamil Film Vinnaithaadi Varuvaayaa To Commence From April 4January 29th, 2011 - 6:54 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
: Subsequent to a great deal of conjecture, it has been divulged that the champion director of South Indian films, Gautham Vasudeva Menon, is geared up to commence the Hindi remake of his most recent Tamil blockbuster, Vinnaithaadi Varuvaayaa (VTV). The commencement will occur on April 4, 2011. The Hindi version will be equally produced by IN Entertainment, which is an entity of the Hinduja Group, and Gautham Menon’s Photon Kathaas. A.R. Rahman, the distinguished musician of Indian as well as overseas films, will create the music for the Hindi edition just like he had perpetrated for VTV.
Prateik Babbar as well as Amy Jackson will enact the central characters in the Hindi version. Prateik is the son of the North Indian politician, Raj Babbar, who was one of the chief heroes of the Hindi film industry, especially in the 1980s.
The lyrics for the Hindi version of VTV as well as the screenplay will be constructed by the eminent Javed Akhtar, who has written innumerable wonderful songs for countless Hindi films from the 1970s. The fact that he has survived in the Hindi film society for so long is an indicator of his lyrical potency. M.S. Prabhu will head the cinematographic department of the Hindi version.
Gautham has remarked that he has glued himself to the original version. The Hindi version will have Amy enacting the character of Jessy, who is a Malayalam female of the Syrian Christian community. Gautham has verbalized that Rahman has already provided him three songs. For the time being, they are abiding by the original Tamil tunes. However, Akhtar and Rahman will decide finally whether the songs and melody for the Hindi audience have to be dissimilar from the Tamil version.
VTV’s Hindi edition is likely to penetrate the theatres by July 2011.
Gautham has largely operated as a director of Tamil films, some of which have been remade by him in the Telugu and Hindi languages. Several Tamil movies of his have been lauded critically such as his action thrillers, Kaakha Kaakha and Vettaiyaadu Vilaiyaadu. His immensely victorious semi-autobiographical movie, Vaaranam Aayiram, garnered the National Film Award for the most superlative Tamil feature film. This motion picture also granted him a nomination from Filmfare for the ‘Best Tamil Director’ honor. Gautham also conquered an honor from Vijay of the ‘Favorite Film Director’.
- Gautham praises Jiiva, Nani and Samantha - Sep 19, 2012
- Rahman unveils romantic album at Taj Mahal - Dec 21, 2011
- 'Neethaane En Ponvasantham' trailer notches half million YouTube hits - Sep 04, 2012
- Kamal Haasan wants SRK for Menon's remake - Jan 24, 2012
- Gautham Fails To The Cross The Skies Of Bollywood - Dec 21, 2010
- Amy Jackson To Work In Gowtham Menon’s Film - Oct 18, 2010
- ‘Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya Is Not Dropped’ – Gowtham Menon - Dec 22, 2010
- Gowtham Menon Kick-Starts Hindi VTV - Jul 28, 2010
- 'Ek Deewana Tha…' is Prateik's new solo movie - Sep 22, 2011
- Javed-Rahman combination best, says Shabana Azmi - Feb 17, 2012
- Prateik shines in 'Ekk Deewana Tha' (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Feb 18, 2012
- Thuppariyum Anand from March 2011 - Sep 22, 2010
- Amy and I? Keep guessing: Prateik - Jan 23, 2012
- Rahman defends 'Hosanna' against objection - Jan 20, 2012
- 'Ekk Deewana Tha' about thrills of first love (IANS Preview) - Feb 15, 2012
Tags: amy jackson, blockbuster, distinguished musician, film society, gautham menon, hindi edition, hindi film industry, hindi films, hindi languages, hindi version, hinduja group, indian politician, javed akhtar, jessy, prabhu, raj babbar, south indian films, tamil films, tamil version, three songs