Hilary Swank sues home-audio firmMay 15th, 2012 - 4:26 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, May 15 (IANS) Actress Hilary Swank has filed a lawsuit against a home-audio company for using her pictures without her permission.
The actress filed the lawsuit in a Los Angeles court May 10 against Robert’s Home Audio, its video and its proprietor Randall Cordero and Cordero Studios, claiming that they were using her name and image in their ads without her permission, reports aceshowbiz.com.
The complaint read: “Defendants did not ask for or receive Ms. Swank’s permission to use her photograph, identity or persona in the advertisements or otherwise to associate with Defendants’ companies or to market Defendants’ commercial products or services.”
It, however, didn’t offer details on how the images were used.
The Oscar-winner is suing for misappropriation of right of publicity/privacy and negligence, and is seeking unspecified damages.
- Johansson unfazed by her photo on sex store cards - Apr 11, 2012
- Jay Z in copyright lawsuit - Jun 21, 2012
- Meester files lawsuit against mother - Jul 24, 2011
- Clooney, Roberts sue electronics companies - May 02, 2012
- Johansson's photo illegally used - Apr 10, 2012
- Bullock sues watch company - Mar 03, 2012
- Olivia Wilde refuses support from estranged husband - Mar 13, 2011
- Hilary Swank adopts dog - Sep 06, 2011
- Cyrus enjoys free hamburger meal - Jun 30, 2012
- Miley Cyrus' racy photos leaked online - May 18, 2011
- Courtney Love in legal trouble again - Jul 12, 2012
- Kristen Stewart involved in minor accident - Jul 15, 2011
- Selena Gomez plans suit against fake topless picture - Jan 20, 2011
- Lady Gaga sued for charity scam - Jun 27, 2011
- Gillian Anderson, Mark Griffiths call it quits - Aug 09, 2012