Heroine not just for glamour in films: Sriram RaghavanMarch 24th, 2012 - 12:24 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 24 (IANS) Filmmaker Sriram Raghavan wanted an A-level actress to cast opposite Saif in “Agent Vinod” and decided that Kareena would be the ideal choice to play the mysterious character in the action thriller that released Friday.
“A heroine’s role should not be just to add glamour. There should be a specific character. So I made sure that I get an A-level actress (for ‘Agent Vinod’) and Kareena was our choice,” Raghavan told IANS.
“Kareena has a mysterious character in the film and I definitely wanted a good actress for it. I love Kareena as an actress; so we just thought why not her,” he added.
However, Raghavan was apprehensive about one thing regarding roping in Kareena for “Agent Vinod” as she would have to be cast opposite her real life beau Saif Ali Khan.
“The only worry was Saif and Kareena are a real life couple. So I didn’t know if it will work or not. But I was convinced while making the film that they will justify the role,” he said of his experience while making the action thriller, which hit the screens Friday.
“Agent Vinod” is Raghavan’s only film which took him double the time that he usually takes to direct movie projects.
“It took three years to come up with this film. When we were writing the script, we let our imagination go wild. It’s almost like I did two movies with ‘Agent Vinod’ because my other movies have taken 50 days to get made, but this film has taken 100 days,” Raghavan said.
Raghavan is known to have directed thrillers like “Ek Hasina Thi” and “Johnny Gaddar”. Now post-”Agent Vinod”, he plans to step out of his comfort zone and experiment with different genres.
“It’s not that I only want to make thrillers. But I have been partial to thriller films. If somebody has a good script, I would love to make a love story or a children’s film.
“I like every genre except for out-and-out comedy. I am not good at it. The other things I will attempt for sure…like children’s film, drama or a love story,” he added.
- Now, Sriram Raghavan dabbles in sci-fi - Mar 21, 2012
- Fans will love watching Kareena in 'Agent Vinod': Saif - Mar 21, 2012
- Kareena looks good only with me: Saif - Jan 25, 2012
- Saif plans 3D 'Agent Vinod' sequel - Mar 23, 2012
- Saif and I complement each other: Dinesh Vijan - Jul 19, 2012
- 'Agent Vinod': Bollywood espionage genre comes of age (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Mar 24, 2012
- Saif to make film based on French comic - May 05, 2011
- 'Agent Vinod' complete, release date final, says director - Jan 04, 2012
- Akshay believes in love, not violence (Movie Snippets) - Mar 28, 2012
- Will Saif's item number overshadow Kareena's 'mujra' - Mar 17, 2012
- 'Agent Vinod' collects Rs.10 crore on opening day - Mar 24, 2012
- Bollywood doesn't need to impress foreigners: Saif Ali Khan (Interview) - Mar 23, 2011
- I'm lucky to get Saif as partner: Kareena Kapoor (Interview) - Aug 25, 2010
- No more action films, vows Kareena Kapoor - Feb 07, 2012
- 'Agent Vinod' is complete Indian hero: Saif - Jan 26, 2012
Tags: action thriller, actress, comfort zone, ek hasina thi, film drama, genres, glamour, hasina, heroine, imagination, life couple, love story, mumbai, mysterious character, saif ali khan, screens, thriller films, thrillers, vinod, writing the script