‘Heroine’ not inspired by one person, says BhandarkarJuly 26th, 2012 - 12:42 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 25 (IANS) “Heroine” is not inspired by any one person, says director Madhur Bhandarkar, who is known for his realistic films like “Fashion” and “Page 3″.
The director was Wednesday talking at the trailer launch of his film and was accompanied by Kareena Kapoor, Arjun Rampal and Divya Dutta who have played pivotal roles in the film.
Produced by UTV Motion Pictures, the film is about the ups and downs in the life of a movie star.
“‘Heroine’ is not inspired by any one person. The movie is about Mahi (Kareena) and her journey towards stardom and the ups and downs that come with it,” he said.
“I am not saying it is not inspired by Hollywood or Bollywood, there is inspiration. I would say that 70 percent of it is realistic and 30 percent fiction. It is difficult to pin point one person on whom the movie is based,” he said.
Research seems to be the basis for all of Mandhur Bhandarkar’s films and the director spoke to many people for “Heroine” as well.
“I have interacted with many people. I wanted to portray today’s film industry and its rise and fall,” he said.
The film has been creating a buzz for a while now. Initially, after Kareena refused the role, Aishwariya Rai Bachchan had been a part of the film but later withdrew due to her pregnancy and Kareena stepped in.
The director admitted that he altered the script when Kareena came on board.
Kareena said that she had her hands full the first time she was approached but was glad when she got the role back.
“I had no reservations at the time I was approached but I was shooting for ‘Bodyguard’, ‘Agent Vinod’, ‘Ra One’ and ‘Talaash’ and I wanted to shoot this film at a stretch. I am happy that they came back to me,” Kareena revealed.
The film is all set to hit theatres Sep 21.
- Priyanka wants desi touch to song's video (Movie Snippets) - Sep 20, 2012
- Inside track of actresses' lives - the fascination continues - Aug 18, 2012
- Kareena to do item number in 'Heroine' - Mar 28, 2012
- Big B busy composing music (Movie Snippets) - Mar 16, 2012
- Karisma my biggest critic, liked my 'Heroine' performance: Kareena - Sep 18, 2012
- Confident, not over-confident of 'Heroine', says Kareena - Sep 01, 2012
- 'Heroine' will be Kareena's best film: Karisma - Aug 26, 2012
- Saif will announce official wedding date, says Kareena - Jul 26, 2012
- No 'Heroine' at Cannes film festival: Bhandarkar - Apr 17, 2012
- I am scared of bike riding: Kareena - Dec 05, 2011
- Kareena not 'getting into anyone's shoes' for 'Heroine' - Jul 26, 2012
- Kareena's 'Heroine' to have snippets of Hollywood beauties - May 31, 2010
- Chaos marks 'Heroine' music launch - Aug 30, 2012
- 'Heroine' dialogue on Dubai not meant to demean anyone: Bhandarkar - Aug 06, 2012
- Kareena perfect choice for 'Heroine', says Priyanka - Dec 20, 2011
Tags: arjun rampal, bodyguard, buzz, divya dutta, film industry, heroine, inspiration, kareena kapoor, launch, madhur bhandarkar, movie star, no reservations, pivotal roles, ra, rise and fall, stardom, talaash, ups, ups and downs, utv motion pictures