‘Heroine’ gets A-certificate (Movie Snippets)July 14th, 2012 - 7:29 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 14 (IANS) Madhur Bhandarkar’s ambitious project “Heroine” has been cleared by the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) with an A-certificate. The filmmaker isn’t surprised.
“As expected got ‘A’ certificate from the censor board. Countdown begins for the launch of the poster and promo of ‘Heroine’,” Bhandarkar tweeted.
The National Award-winning filmmaker had launched “Heroine” at the Cannes International Film Festival last year with Aishwarya Rai as the lead. But later, the actress had to opt out of the project after she became pregnant.
Kareena Kapoor stepped in to essay the role, and she is said to have delivered her best so far in the film.
“Heroine” delves into the behind-the-scenes life of an actress in the Indian film industry. It also features Arjun Rampal.
It’s fashion with comfort for Arjun Kapoor
When it comes to being fashionable, new kid on the block, actor Arjun Kapoor believes in style with comfort.
“Being comfortable in what you wear is most important. That helps you go a long way,” Arjun said during “GQ Best Dressed Men” event, to be aired on Big CBS Prime Saturday.
Son of filmmaker Boney Kapoor, Arjun, is currently riding high on the success of his debut film “Ishaqzaade”.
He has reportedly been signed on for big screen adaptation of Chetan Bhagat’s novel “2 States- The Story Of My Marriage” and “Aurangzeb”.
Farah Khan’s make-up woes!
Choreographer-turned-filmmaker Farah Khan seems to be having a tough time ever since she stepped into the acting zone with Bela Sehgal’s “Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi”.
“The bad thing about turning actress is that I have to start my day with something I detest! Make-up and hair! And end it with worse - removing it all,” Farah tweeted.
The film, co-produced by Sehgal’s brother Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Sunil A. Lulla, features Farah in a romantic role opposite Boman Irani. It will release Aug 24.
- When Farah danced to Geeta's tune - Jul 15, 2012
- Karan Johar not keen on making legendary love stories - Jul 17, 2012
- Boman romances Farah in 'Shirin...' at wife's behest - Aug 22, 2012
- Shirish won't enjoy watching me with someone else: Farah - Jul 26, 2012
- Farah, Boman's 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai' moment - Jul 17, 2012
- Farah got kiss scene removed from 'Shirin Farhad...' - Jul 27, 2012
- 'Shirin Farhad Ki...' first and last film: Farah Khan (Movie Snippets) - May 05, 2012
- Without Shirish's support, couldn't have acted: Farah - Jun 20, 2012
- Bipasha's dubbing woes! (Movie Snippets) - Jul 03, 2012
- I'm not comfortable with romantic scenes: Boman Irani - Jul 28, 2012
- We all want Sanjay to get married: Bela Sehgal - Jun 22, 2012
- Leopard on 'Ek Thi Daayan' sets (Movie Snippets) - Jun 08, 2012
- Shruti Haasan learns guitar (Movie Snippets) - Jun 19, 2012
- I almost fainted when Shirin's role was offered: Farah - May 31, 2012
- Bela Sehgal doesn't rule out 'Shirin Farhad...' sequel - Aug 25, 2012
Tags: actor arjun, aishwarya rai, arjun rampal, best dressed men, boman irani, boney kapoor, cannes international film festival, cbfc, chetan bhagat, debut film, farah khan, film certification, indian film industry, international film festival, madhur bhandarkar, new kid on the block, romantic role, sanjay leela bhansali, screen adaptation, shirin farhad