Here’s how the Spice Girls are preparing for their reunion world tourNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:58 am ICT by admin
Victoria Beckham, who has always been exercise-resistant, has done the impossible and joined a gym.
Geri Halliwell has been preparing with almost demonic zeal by running ten miles a week, and using 18lb weights to tone her upper body.
Melanie Brown’s trainer has been putting her through 90-minute training sessions, six days a week. She also practises Capoeira - the Brazilian martial art - and yoga.
Mel Chisholm is a disciple of the bootcamp exercise regime and kicks off at 8.30 every morning with a 30-minute run followed by intensive 60-minute weight-training sessions. She has also asked for the latest new ’superfood’ - Himalayan gojiberries - to snack on and a pomegranate smoothie before every performance.
Emma Bunton, on the other hand, has been walking her dog to get into shape, as gave birth to her son, Beau, only in August.
For the beauty part, stylist Kolbrun Ran, who has previously worked with Helena Christensen, Sophie Dahl and Jerry Hall, has been roped in to do the girls’ make-up.
The girls have a team hairdresser, James Leigh Pritchard, but, Victoria, who has changed her hair colour back to black, has decided to bring along her own stylist.
Roberto Cavalli, known for his skin-tight creations, is designing 300 costumes for the girls and their dancers and backing singers in a 1million pound contract.
“He really knows how to dress a woman and the outfits are amazing. “We’ve come a long way since the old days,” the Daily Mail quoted Victoria, as saying.
The tour is expected to be a hefty affair for the girls money wise. In total, they are likely to pocket 7million pounds each, plus at least another 3million pounds from their new single, Headlines. (ANI)
- Madonna to open gym chain around the world - Oct 27, 2010
- Masumeh Does The Dance Of Death - Jun 14, 2010
- The fruit juice cocktail 'super-smoothie' that cuts heart disease risk! - May 05, 2011
- The natural 'super-smoothie' that cuts cardiac risk - May 05, 2011
- Victoria loves Russell Brand's dress sense - Feb 09, 2012
- Pomegranate perks up sex life, fights heart disease - Nov 11, 2011
- Rihanna strips for Armani ad - Sep 13, 2011
- JLo dances on Uruguayan beach - Dec 09, 2011
- 'Viagra effect' from a glass of pomegranate juice - May 04, 2012
- Megan Fox 'not suffering from anorexia' - Mar 09, 2011
- Weight training safe and beneficial for pregnant women - Mar 26, 2011
- Selena Gomez shows off her new hairstyle - Jan 12, 2012
- Jamba Juice Offers $1 Smoothies For A Day - Jun 17, 2010
- Lady Gaga bans ice from her concerts - May 03, 2011
- Katie Holmes is busy brand building - Mar 17, 2011
Tags: 300, backing singers, brazilian martial art, emma bunton, exercise regime, fitness routine, geri halliwell, gojiberries, helena christensen, james leigh, mail, mel chisholm, melanie brown, money wise, roberto cavalli, sessions, sophie dahl, spice girls, victoria beckham, vivacious