‘Hereafter’ brings back terrible memories for screenwriter MorganOctober 18th, 2010 - 6:17 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 18 (ANI): Screenwriter Peter Morgan said that he struggled to write about the London terrorist bombings in the script from Clint Eastwood’s new movie ‘Hereafter’ as it brought back terrible memories.
Morgan was in London when the second of the two terrorist attacks took place in 2005.
“I happened to be in Holborn in Central London on the second one. I was in the middle of town exactly where one of the bombs had gone off,” the Mirror quoted him as saying.
“There was this extraordinary rush.
“People were just running and I happened to have a destination to get to and people were running collectively in one direction and I happened to be going in the other direction.
“When I saw their faces I thought, ‘I’ve never seen people in my city so frightened’. They were removed from the telephones and I was very conscious of the fact that we were being presented with the possibility of imminent death,” he said.
The film revolves around world events from the past decade, including the London bombings and the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami. (ANI)
- Clint Eastwood's 'Hereafter' pulled from Japanese theatres - Mar 15, 2011
- Clint Eastwood's film 'Hereafter' to call the curtains at NYFF - Aug 17, 2010
- 'Hereafter' is good but non-engaging (IANS Movie Review) - Mar 12, 2011
- Matt Damon not afraid of ageing - Jan 16, 2011
- Eastwood's family to get their own reality show - Mar 16, 2012
- Cruise in 'A Star Is Born'? - Mar 13, 2012
- Eastwood donates fee to charity - Feb 08, 2012
- Princess Diana is the dead person Britons would most like to reach - Jan 28, 2011
- Not aiming at acting return: Clint Eastwood - Oct 14, 2010
- Clint Eastwood wants to direct films even after 100 - Oct 25, 2010
- Eastwood persuaded Sheen for rehab - Jul 08, 2012
- Cooper not doing 'A Star is Born' remake - Aug 26, 2012
- Clint Eastwood named America's favourite movie star of 2009 - Jan 27, 2010
- Clint Eastwood To Helm Fourth Version Of 'A Star Is Born' With Beyonce Knowles - Jan 21, 2011
- Clint Eastwood to continue directing at 100 - Oct 25, 2010
Tags: bombs, central london, clint eastwood, decade, faces, holborn, imminent death, indian ocean tsunami, london bombings, london terrorist bombings, memories, mirror, peter morgan, rush, telephones, terrorist attacks, tsunami