Here are the top 10 richest people in HollywoodFebruary 3rd, 2011 - 3:31 pm ICT by ANI
Wellington, Feb 3 (ANI): Director James Cameron has topped the 2010 Hollywood movie earners’ list, courtesy the worldwide box office success of his movie ‘Avatar’.
Cameron earned an estimated 257 million dollars last year for writing, producing and directing his 3D hit ‘Avatar’, based on its worldwide 2010 box-office gross of 1.95 billion dollars, as well as his share of DVD and pay-television sales, according to a Vanity Fair survey of the top 40 Hollywood earners in 2010, reports Stuff.co.nz.
Johnny Depp scored the No. 2 spot, earning 100 million dollars after collecting pay cheques from films including ‘Alice in Wonderland’ and ‘The Tourist’, as well as up front payments for the next ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides’, which is due for release in May.
Director Steven Spielberg took the third spot, earning 80 million dollars for Universal theme-park royalties in addition to consulting fees for ‘War Horse’.
The top 10:
1. James Cameron
2. Johnny Depp
3. Steven Spielberg
4. Christopher Nolan
5. Leonardo DiCaprio
6. Tim Burton
7. Adam Sandler
8. Todd Phillips
9. Taylor Lautner
10. Robert Downey Jr (ANI)
- James Cameron tops Hollywood rich list - Feb 03, 2011
- Oprah Winfrey tops Forbes' Hollywood rich list - Dec 28, 2010
- Tom Cruise highest earning actor - Jul 04, 2012
- Johnny Depp named Highest Paid Actor in Hollywood - Sep 10, 2010
- 'Toy Story 3' named 'highest grossing film of 2010' - Dec 30, 2010
- Shia LaBeouf tops Forbes list of Hollywood stars who give most bang for their buck - Sep 01, 2010
- Oprah is the richest among Hollywood rich - Dec 28, 2010
- Cameron voted 'most powerful man' in film world - Sep 25, 2010
- Leonardo DiCaprio: What Is His Biggest Achievement In 2010? - Dec 22, 2010
- Sam Worthington is Hollywood's most powerful celebrity - Oct 09, 2010
- Watson, Radcliffe highest paid actress, actor - Feb 05, 2010
- Oprah Winfrey named highest earning celebrity of 2010 - Mar 14, 2011
- 'Toy Story 3' top-grossing film of 2010 - Jan 07, 2011
- James Cameron named most influential in Hollywood - Sep 24, 2010
- 'Alice in Wonderland' tops weekend box office - Mar 08, 2010
Tags: alice in wonderland, box office success, christopher nolan, director james cameron, director steven spielberg, including alice, james cameron, leonardo dicaprio, pirates of the caribbean, robert downey, robert downey jr, steven spielberg, stranger tides, taylor lautner, tim burton, todd phillips, universal theme park, vanity fair, war horse, worldwide box office