Henry Ian Cusick: A classical actor, a modern rageApril 26th, 2009 - 12:32 am ICT by GD
You must have come across Desmond Hume in ‘Lost’, a famous television series that ran for a number of seasons with great success? Henry Ian Cusick plays this wonderful role. Cusick is one of the most versatile actors in the world. He was born in the year 1967 and comes from a Scottish and Peruvian ancestry. He is an actor who has proved his kettle on all three formats, including the stage, the television and cinema. His role in ‘Lost’, infact won him a nomination in the prestigious Primetime Emmy Awards.
Cusick began his career as a classical stage actor. Some of his major roles that he had played with much success are Dorian Gray (in The Picture of Dorian Gray),
Horner (in the Restoration comedy called The Country Wife) and Hamlet in Shakespeare’s play. He worked with the Royal Scottish Academy and Citizens’ Theatre. He is an actor who is fluent in both English and Spanish. His performances in various theatre festivals brought him much fame. He is a passionate actor who gives more than hundred percent in his roles in all acting formats. Some of his films include ‘Hitman’ in 2007 and ‘Dead Like Me: Life After Death’. He had also received special recommendation for the famous Ian Charleson Award (1995) for his classical theatre roles.
Cusick is married to his lady love Annie. They have a happy family with three excellent sons named Elias, Lucas and Esau. They reside in Hawaii at a place called Oahu. Beside his fame and appreciation he has also received some criticism from his co-actress on stage, Chelsea Stone. She had accused him of sexual assault during their performance in a play. She had also filed a recent lawsuit against him.
- Owen never wanted stardom - Aug 13, 2012
- Sir Sean Connery dumps public life for golf - Apr 08, 2011
- It's one of the greatest highs to play a villain: SRK - Dec 19, 2011
- Anupam plans theatre fest in Shimla, says it is payback time - Aug 06, 2012
- Languages are assimilating many influences : Amol Palekar - Mar 01, 2012
- Bob Gray & Liza Foster allotted actor Nick Swardson's old phone number - Dec 14, 2011
- Robbie Williams eyes TV comeback - Sep 01, 2012
- Why would I have gone to Mumbai? asks Soumitra Chatterjee (Interview) - May 12, 2012
- I won't bare all for theatre: Rupert Grint - Aug 23, 2010
- Larry Hagman back as JR Ewing in new 'Dallas' series - Feb 03, 2011
- I like taking risks, says Sushant Singh Rajput - Jul 13, 2012
- Friends, fans mourn death of 'revolutionary' Dubey - Dec 25, 2011
- Even today Ray remains alive in me: Soumitra Chatterjee (April 23 in Satyajit Ray's 20th death anniversary) - Apr 23, 2012
- Police Officer Brian Dorian Charged With First Degree Murder - Oct 09, 2010
- Efron eyes Broadway stint - Sep 14, 2012
Tags: citizens theatre, classical actor, classical theatre, country wife, dead like me, desmond hume, dorian gray, happy family, henry ian cusick, horner, ian charleson, infact, life after death, primetime emmy awards, restoration comedy, royal scottish academy, sexual assault, stage actor, television series, versatile actors