Henry Cho scheduled to perform at the Hijinx Comedy ClubJune 6th, 2009 - 8:30 pm ICT by GD
Henry Cho, the comedian of South Asian descent but born and raised in Tennessee is one comic whose comedy comes across as clean and healthy.On June 8th that is on Monday, Cho will be performing at the Hijinx Comedy Club in a fundraiser program targeted at the Prevention of Domestic Violence.Pat Mac of Hijinx will be performing the opening act of the show.Currently, the tickets for the show are priced at $10.
Cho was born on December 30th, 1962 at Knoxville, Tennessee. He started his professional career as a stand up artist in the year 1986. As a young man he attended the University of Knoxville and completing his studies there, moved on to Los Angeles in 1989 in pursuit of his career.
The materials for some of his best pieces usually come from his childhood experiences, his upbringing and his family. At present Cho has had his own Comedy Central special and has appeared in a number of movies which includes, ‘Material Girls’, ‘Revenge of the Nerds III: the Next Generation’, ‘Say It Isn’t So ‘ and ‘Designing Women’ . Cho guest starred in ‘Designing Women’, where he plays an airline passenger, who is seated next to the fiery Julia Sugarbaker when she along with her sister Suzanne take a flight to Japan in order to visit their mother.
Apart from appearing in movies and T.V. series, Cho can also be heard nationwide several times a week on the XM’s Radio’s Channel 151, Laugh USA and Sirius Radio’s Blue Collar Radio channel 103.
- Conan O'Brien's spoken word recording to make its debut on Sirius XM satellite radio - Aug 23, 2010
- Howard Stern sues Sirius XM - Mar 23, 2011
- SIRIUS XM Radio to broadcast the college bowl games - Dec 20, 2009
- Howard Stern Renews Contract With Sirius XM - Dec 10, 2010
- Lady Gaga would love to see Marisa Tomei play her in biopic - Feb 19, 2011
- Neil Diamond to be inducted into hall of fame - Jan 25, 2011
- Howard Stern Invites Bebe Winans, Plays Matchmaker - Nov 11, 2010
- Neil Diamond Turns 70, Ready To Enter The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame - Jan 25, 2011
- Monty Python stars get own radio channel - Oct 14, 2009
- Jon Stewart all set to interview Nirvana's surviving members - Aug 26, 2011
- "Dr. Laura" To Air On Sirius XM Radio - Dec 02, 2010
- Reggie Jackson to co-host radio show 'October Nights' - Oct 07, 2009
- Howard Stern Talk-a-thon In 'Piers Morgan Tonight' Show - Jan 19, 2011
- New device can detect infectious disease quickly - Mar 01, 2012
- John Mayer 'sets sights on Kim Kardashian' - Dec 12, 2009
Tags: airline passenger, comedian, comedy club, designing women, flight to japan, fundraiser program, henry cho, julia sugarbaker, knoxville tennessee, material girls, opening act, prevention of domestic violence, professional career, radio channel, revenge of the nerds, sirius radio, sister suzanne, south asian descent, upbringing, xm