Hemaji is an ‘Iron Woman’: Arjan BajwaJune 17th, 2011 - 2:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 17 (IANS) Arjan Bajwa, who has so far worked with only male directors, says he enjoyed working with Hema Malini in her directorial venture “Tell Me Oh Khuda” and says she is authoritative yet fun to work with.
“Hemaji is an ‘iron woman’. She has taken up so many roles in her personal life. She is a politician, a TV producer, a mother, a danseuse, a homemaker, she has been associated with social causes and now a filmmaker. One can learn so much from her and her work spirit,” Arjan told IANS on phone from Mumbai.
The film is said to be Hema’s attempt to re-launch her daughter Esha Deol in the film industry. It tracks the story of a girl’s passionate quest to know her origins. Apart from Arjan, the film also stars Chandan Roy Sanyal.
Arjan, who forayed into Bollywood with Mani Ratnam’s “Guru” and than featured in films like “Faishon”, calls himself fortunate to have got a chance to work with the “Dream Girl”.
“I have grown up watching Hemaji’s film. She is the quintessential Hindi film heroine and has a vast experience as an actor. I consider myself fortunate enough to have got a chance to work with her in close proximity. I would say she is much more beautiful in real-life than she looks on screen,” said Arjan, 33.
“Hemaji is authoritative yet fun to work with. She has an amazing sense of humour, she would make remarks and you can’t stop laughing on her jokes. She has complimented me for my work,” he added.
“Tell Me Oh Khuda” also brings together yesteryear stars Rishi Kapoor, Vinod Khanna and Dharmendra.
“All three of them are different. And you can learn a lot of things from them individually. Rishiji is very energetic and behaves like buddies. Vinodji is such a good looking man, one can learn so much from his life and Dharamji is like a father figure,” said Arjan who shared a special bonding with Bollywood’s original He-Man on the sets.
“Since both Dharamji and I are Punjabis, we connected instantly. We used to sit together and talk in Punjabi. He used to tell me about the culture of Punjab. I had grown close to him during the shooting of the film,” he added.
“Tell Me Oh Khuda” is currently in post-production stage.
Arjan is also working on a film with Manoj Bajpayee tentatively titled “Bijnor”.
- Hema Malini's home production in progresses - Nov 12, 2009
- 'Tell Me O Khuda' set for Diwali release, Hema unperturbed - Sep 20, 2011
- I had a superb time directing Dharamji: Hema Malini (Interview) - Dec 28, 2010
- Esha Deol turns editor for 'Tell Me Oh Khuda' - Dec 10, 2010
- Farooq Sheikh Would Rather Act In Films Than Direct Them - Jan 21, 2011
- Salman in Hema Malini's 'Tell Me O Khuda' - Jul 27, 2011
- Dharamji's honour was long due: Hema Malini - Jan 25, 2012
- Don't want to make any more films: Hema Malini - Aug 24, 2012
- Hema Malini Turns Director To Dharmendra And Esha Deol - Dec 28, 2010
- Arjan is brand ambassador of Punjab Fashion week - Oct 05, 2011
- Dharmendra Bowled Over By Beti's Confidence: "Shooting With Esha Was A Very Emotional Experience" - Jun 07, 2010
- Hema Malini re-launches daughter Esha into Bollywood - Oct 05, 2009
- Karishma will well reprise my 'Satte Pe Satta' role: Hema Malini - Aug 02, 2011
- I've no energy to make films: Farooque Sheikh (Interview) - Jan 21, 2011
- John Abraham turns artist (Movie snippets) - Sep 03, 2010
Tags: bajwa, chandan, close proximity, danseuse, dharmendra, directorial venture, dream girl, father figure, film industry, good looking man, hema malini, hindi film, homemaker, iron woman, mani ratnam, rishi kapoor, sense of humour, story of a girl, tv producer, vinod khanna