Hema Malini, daughter walk down Wills India Fashion Week rampMarch 27th, 2010 - 5:22 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 27 (ANI): Bollywood actress Hema Malini and her daughter Esha walked the ramp for designer Rocky S. at the 15th edition of Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WLIFW) Autumn-Winter 2010 here on Friday.
Designer Rocky S, who is among the Bollywood’s most popular designers, showcased his bridal collection, a collection that he described in one word as ‘Grace.’
Rocky used bright colours with eclectic combinations like blue, red, teal, pink, peach, burgundy and green with a heavy use of borders, motifs and tassels used with all the bright hues.
The fabrics used included silk, georgette, chiffon and brocade.
The collections included all the traditional Indian lehenga cholis, saris, churidaar kurtas for women and brocade long coats known as sherwanis for men.
The designer said he created these keeping in mind the mother and sister of a bride.
“Well this is a very simple and traditional collection. I wanted it more for family… for a woman who is getting married; her sister can buy something, her mother can buy something. I wanted to keep it very traditional. So the colours are very pure…Indian colours. The fabrics are Indian… traditional embroidery is being used. I just wanted to stay away from black for a change,” said Rocky S.
Actor Esha walked the ramp flaunting her heavily embroidered maroon and green bridal lehenga-choli, whereas Bollywood’s veteran ‘Dream Girl’ Hema Malini accompanied her with grace in a similar coloured sari teamed with an embroidered burnt orange coloured blouse.
Hema Malini, who stole the show with her grace, praised Rocky’s collection.
“It was wonderful working on the ramp with Esha for Rocky…it’s a beautiful colour combination …2-3 colours are there in this sari with a striking bright blouse. So it looks very nice,” said Hema Malini.
Designer Payal Jain also showcased her collection.
She titled her creations ‘Solitary Monk,’ saying it was inspired by the mystic allure of the historical textiles and bewitched lifestyle of the monks in Laos.
The most inspiring features of the collection were the unorthodox usage of colour, print, texture and fabrics.
The fabrics ranging from linen and cotton jersey to hand-woven khadi to self-jacquards and soft flowing silk jerseys were draped and styled into clean and simple ensembles.
Attractive models stood tall and pretty in draped dresses, flowing tunics, structured jackets, bias skirts, prayer pants and draped shells in a colour palette of indigo, burnt coral, warm chocolate and slate black.
“This is a fall winter, you have to have warm colours. This collection is inspired by monks and monasteries, as you could see the bells, the music, the chanting and all,” said Jain.
The WLIFW-AW 2010, hosted by the Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI), will witness the participation of 130 designers, 75 of them also presenting shows and among whom 19 are debutants.
The fashion extravaganza will feature 43 shows.(ANI)
- Esha Deol wants to be a 'runaway bride' - Mar 27, 2010
- Hema Malini performs as Radha for Neeta Lulla at LFW - Aug 08, 2012
- From traditional to sexy, blouses get retro makeover - Aug 17, 2011
- Kirron walks the ramp, adds film flavour (With Images) - Aug 05, 2012
- Hema, Esha add glamour at Lakme Fashion Week - Aug 19, 2011
- Itsy-bitsy cholis spice up Bollywood (Feature) - Dec 03, 2011
- Sonakshi Sinha wants a simple, beach wedding - Sep 14, 2012
- Bridal collection, Bollywood dominated DCW (Review) (With Images) - Aug 13, 2012
- Esha's sangeet a private affair: Hema Malini - Jun 25, 2012
- Wearability factor gets prominence at LFW - Aug 05, 2012
- Jaya Rathore explores heritage weaves for bridal line (With images) - Aug 18, 2011
- Bhairavi Jaikishan presents new style at LFW - Aug 06, 2012
- Dia Mirza walks ramp at Mumbai's fashion show - Oct 30, 2010
- Bollywood tunes set mood at Pakistan Bridal Week - Dec 19, 2011
- Pakistan designer styles Kashmiri embroidery for bridal wear (With Images) - Dec 21, 2011
Tags: actress hema malini, autumn winter, bollywood actress, bridal collection, bridal lehenga choli, bright colours, bright hues, colour combination, hema malini, india fashion week, indian colours, indian lehenga, kurtas, mother and sister, sherwanis, silk georgette, traditional embroidery, who stole the show, wills india fashion week, wills lifestyle india fashion week