Hell’s Kitchen: Who Goes Home?December 2nd, 2010 - 1:45 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Dec 2 (THAINDIAN NEWS) As Hell’s Kitchen began, the contestants had to recreate a dish from sight smell and taste with no idea what the ingredients were. They each had 45 minutes to get this job done, and while many of them chose to make one meal, Trevor decided to make two, one with veal, one with pork, on with carrot, one with sweet potato. He wanted to keep his bases covered.
As Chef Ramsey tried everyone’s dish, he would not reveal anything. He simply said, “Nice,” to Nona, and told Trevor that his was interesting. Trev was correct with his carrot puree, but he forgot to plate the dish. Russel and Nona were correct with the veal choice. One dish was “slightly in front” according to Ramsey. Nona was correct in choosing pancetta instead of bacon, and so she wins!
Nona is heading to Beverly Hills to the Hands On Spa and received a very nice set of pots and pans and Chef Ramsey’s autographed cookbook. She got to choose one person to go with her, and chose Russel. Although she admitted that she had wanted to choose Jillian, but that picking Russel was more of a strategy move to keep herself off of his target list. The rest of the contestants had to do “laundry day”, and throughout the day, Jillian showed more and more anger about Nona’s choice. Chef Ramsey pulled Jillian aside and gave her a pep talk, which seemed to re motivate her.
As the service began, Chef Ramsey was counting on the final four, Trev, Russel, Nona, and Jillian to finally perform, and the night began wonderfully. Soon things began to fall apart again, however, as the risotto was too peppery and the scallops were raw. None and Russel rebounded on appetizers, and the food began to leave the kitchen on a continual flow.
After Trev faced the heat on the meat station and was asked to leave the kitchen for 30 seconds to calm down, it was up to Russel to stand up on entrees. They had finally found their groove, and except for one moment of Russel sending out raw halibut, everything began to smooth out. Nona soon sent out a raw risotto, which had Chef Ramsey screaming at her to give him her best or get out.
Chef Ramsey took the time to brag on the four last contestants, but unfortunately they still had to put two people up for elimination. None and Jillian chose Trev and Russel, and the two men decided to put each other up. Instead of sending them home, Chef Ramsey brought in everyone’s family, and announced that no one would go home. Everyone was in tears, but none as much as Nona when she saw her baby boy.
- Hell's Kitchen; Two Go Home - Dec 09, 2010
- Hell's Kitchen: Grand Finale, NONA WINS! - Dec 16, 2010
- Hell's Kitchen: Cooking for the Marines - Nov 25, 2010
- Check Out The Three Master Chef India Finalists - Dec 20, 2010
- New York Chef Raj Bradston Eliminated From ''Hell's Kitchen" - Oct 01, 2010
- 'No secrets in kitchen' is celebrity Indian chef's mantra - May 08, 2012
- Season 8 Of ''Hell's Kitchen'' Premieres - Sep 23, 2010
- Humble egg in exotic avatars in Indian gourmet kitchens (With Image) - Mar 23, 2012
- Holli Ugalde Wins Hell's Kitchen - Aug 11, 2010
- There's more to Italian food than pizzas, pastas - Jun 04, 2012
- Master Chef India: Punjabi Dhaba Food This Week - Nov 15, 2010
- Putin tests every meal before eating: Former chef - Jul 25, 2012
- Man Gets Arrested For Waterboarding Girlfriend - Oct 30, 2010
- It's Onam , but few homes will do the full 26-dish sadhya - Aug 24, 2012
- Hillary at Taj Palace! The tryst continues - May 09, 2012
Tags: appetizers, beverly hills, carrot, chef ramsey, choice one, continual flow, cookbook, entrees, final four, halibut, home dec, pep talk, pots and pans, puree, risotto, scallops, sweet potato, target, trev, veal